CrossFit Week of WODS 11.18.19
Strength/Skill Work: 18 minutes to find a 1 Rep Max Squat Clean
For Time: (11 min cap)
30 Box Jumps F(Step-ups) P/S(24/20)
15 Squat Cleans @ 55-65% of Strength
– The focus for the day is the Squat Clean, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. Our strength portion today is going to be the start of our next strength cycle. Over the coming weeks we will begin breaking down technique, and then layering on the load. We do want you to find a heavy weight today, which may cause you to miss a couple of lifts, but limit yourself to 2-3 misses. The goal is to get a starting weight. Make sure we get this weight into SugarWOD.
– “Spot Clean” is a ‘sprint chipper’. The goal is to push the pace from the beginning and try to hang on. The 800m run ideally will take around 4 minutes to complete. If we think this will take us much longer than 5 minutes, modify the distance down. The Box Jumps should be at a height that allow you to stay moving, without much rest between reps. We will finish with 15 squat cleans. This will be at a percentage of the weight you found in the strength. You may choose to try and hold onto a few reps, or perform these reps as quick singles. The goal for this workout is to try and finish just below 10 minutes.
“Cindy Gone Crazy”
3 min AMRAP:
3-5 Strict Pull-ups F(Negatives)
15 Air Squats
*3 min Active Rest between AMRAPs:
1,000/900m Bike Erg
– The goal of the workout today is to learn to recover, while still moving. You will start with a 3 minute AMRAP of Strict “Cindy”. During the 3 minutes of work we want you to push as hard as possible. Use a pull-up and push-up number that keeps you moving, without burning out too quickly. As soon as the 3 minute AMRAP is done, you will head to a Bike Erg for a 1,000/900m Bike Erg – which you will have 3 minutes to complete. The goal of this Bike is to stay moving, but focus on breathing and recovering for the next “Cindy” AMRAP. Pick up “Cindy” where you left off each round, going for max rounds and reps.
20 min AMRAP: (Partner WOD)
200m Sled Drag F(90/45) P/S(135/90)
600 ft. Farmers Carry F(53/44) P(70/53) S(80/60+)
– Our partner WOD today is “strongman” focused. Like most partner WODs, this will be one partner working, one partner resting throughout. For the Ski Erg, try to break this into small manageable sets so that you don’t burn out too quickly. The Sled Drag will be one lap around both buildings, you may choose how often you switch on and off, but try to keep the legs moving. The Farmers Carry will be 6 laps total around the rig, switch off each full lap with your partner. Because you switch each lap, try to push the weight on this.
“Hook, Line, and Sinker”
9 min EMOM:
Min 1: 15/12 Cal Row F(12/9 Cals)
Min 2: 10-15 Burpees
Min 3: 2-3 Rope Climbs
For Time: (9 min cap)
45/36 Cal Row F(36/27)
4-6 Rope Climbs
– Today’s WOD is a similar format to last Thursday’s WOD. The big focus today is pacing. During the EMOM portion of this workout, the goal is to find a groove. You should be hitting numbers on each movement that you know you can repeat each round, which is the reason for bigger ranges on the reps. The EMOM will repeat itself 3 times, so you will get plenty of opportunity to feel this out. As soon as the last minute of the EMOM is finished, you will immediately start a 1 Round For Time WOD. The first portion is pacing, the second portion is pushing that pace. When picking rep numbers, choose the amount of reps that allows you to finish the movement in the EMOM with about :10-15 to spare when finished, or for the Rope Climb, something you can safely hit each round. Your score today is the total time it takes to complete the For Time WOD.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 1:30 for 8 Rounds perform 1 Snatch + 1 Hang Snatch
*You may choose to complete these lifts as Power or Squat
For Time: (14 min cap)
80-60-40-20 Double Unders F(Plate Jumps)
20-15-10-5 DB Snatch F(50/30) P(60/40) S(70/50)
– Our focus today is the snatch, which we have in the barbell and DB variation. During the strength we will be building in weight through the 8 sets as technique allows. You may choose today to perform as Power or Squat. This will be an unbroken complex coming from the ground, and then position 2 from the hang. Take this time to get good quality working sets focused on your movement mechanics, we are not looking for a PR attempt.
– “Double Down” is a play on the CrossFit benchmark WOD “Annie”. Each round through this workout, the reps will decrease, allowing you to push the pace from the round before. For the Double Unders this is a lot of reps, if we are still working on double unders, move to plate jumps to keep moving quickly. The DB Snatch in this workout is a heavier weight. If fresh, you should be able to complete this weight for 20 reps unbroken, but during this workout you may choose to break it up more than that. A good goal for today’s WOD is to finish in 10-12 minutes.
“Terribe Twos 2.0” – Repeat from 6.8.18
4 X 2 min AMRAP:
3-8 Bar Muscle Ups (6-15 T2B/K2C)
250′ Shuttle Sprint (10 X 25’)
Max Wall Balls in Remaining Time F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
*2 Mins Rest Between Rounds
– Today we are hitting 4 short, high-intensity intervals with an equal work-to-rest ratio. The rounds will start with a technical gymnastic component with a movement option and rep range, depending on your current skill level. More advanced athletes will be doing bar muscle ups. The second option is toes-to-bar or a variation of it. Whichever movement you choose, your goal is to finish your set unbroken, but we will allow up to 2 sets to achieve the desired rep ranges. Move for quality and make your reps look as graceful as they can be. If you start feeling better throughout the rounds, feel free to increase your reps within that range in the later rounds. After the gymnastics, you will have 10, 25’ shuttle runs, touching the ground the first 9 reps, then running through the “finish line” toward the flag wall to knock out as many wall balls as possible in the remaining time. You won’t have a lot of time, so try and go for pretty big sets, knowing there is a 2-minute rest to follow.
2019 11 17