CrossFit Week of Workouts 2.4.19
18 Min AMRAP:
3 Snatch @ 60-70% of 1 RM
6 Burpee Box Jumps F(Burpee Step Ups) P(24/20) S(30/24)
9 Chest to Bar Pull Ups F(9 Jumping Pull Ups) S(6 Bar Muscle Ups)
12/9 Cal Ski Erg
– Just like the classic film Rocky, we want you to be able to take a punch during each round and come back next round ready to fight again. The focus today is the percentage snatches to start each round. The last couple of weeks we have focused on the snatch, and we want you to use this as an opportunity to dial in your technique. This will not be easy, and will require you to control your breathing, and focus on making good lifts every round as the fatigue adds up. The Burpee Box Jumps today have a smaller rep number, but we have upped the height. We encourage you to shoot for a box a little higher than you typically would use to force yourself to really think about the jump. The gymnastics movement has a few different options that you can choose from to challenge yourself. Whatever you decide to pick between the Chest to Bar, Bar Muscle-ups and Jumping Pull-ups it should be something finished in around :30 seconds, in 1-2 sets. We will finish off the round with a 12/9 cal ski. Be cautious when attacking this knowing that you have more percentage snatches directly after. A good goal for today’s workout would be 5+ rounds.
Strength/Skill Work: 3 Back Squats Every 2 Minutes for 5 Rounds (Build in Weight)
For Time: (14 Min Cap)
15-12-9 Back Squats F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/105)
60-40-20 Double Unders F(Double Taps)
*400m Run After Each Round
– The focus today is the Back Squat which we will have in the strength, and the metcon. In the strength we are keeping the overall volume of reps a little bit lower, but allowing you to challenge yourself in the weight. We will be giving time before the working sets start to build to a decent starting weight, but each of the 5 working sets will also allow you to build today.
– “Ground Level” will continue the squat trend. However, in the metcon you will be taking the barbell from the floor instead of the rack which will add in an extra challenge. Whatever weight you select for the back squats should be unbroken through all sets without a doubt, especially with the reps decreasing. The double unders will also be decreasing each round, and should be quick sets before heading out of the door on your 400 m runs. We encourage everyone to shoot for the entire 400 m run today. We are challenging you to finish this workout in around 11-12 minutes, with faster athletes shooting for sub 10 minutes.
3 X 4 Min AMRAPs
600/500m Row F(500/400)
50’ DB Walking Lunges F(35/20) P/S(50/35)
Max Handstand Push Ups in Remaining Time F(DB Push Press)
*4 Minutes Rest Between AMRAPs
“5 Minute Plank Challenge”
– “Inception” is a 1:1 work/rest interval today that will push you to complete your work quickly in order to get to your Handstand Push-up reps. You will essentially be “Buying In” each round with a 600/500 m Row and 50’ of DB Walking Lunges. Ideally, we complete both of these movements in around 3 minutes, to save yourself close to a minute to accumulate HSPU reps. The Row itself is a longer distance thatshould take around or just over 2 minutes on it’s own to complete, your goal is to try to get off the rower consistently each interval. The DB Walking Lunges will have two 25’ sections. As the intervals build try to stay unbroken, or keep it to two quick sets. If you have Handstand Push-ups or can do HSPU with one abmat, challenge yourself to practice this movement today. If you don’t have HSPU you will use the same DB’s you used for the lunges to complete max rep DB Push Press. Everyone will be a little bit different today on reps, but a good goal for the day is to have around :45-:60 seconds to spend on the HSPU each interval.
3 Rounds For Time: (24 Min Cap)
40/30 Cal Assault Bike F(35/25)
40 KB Sumo Deadlift High Pulls F(53/35) P(62/44) S(70/53)
40/30 Cal Bike Erg F(35/25)
4 Rope Climbs F(12 R.A. Pull Ups) S(6 Rope Climbs)
– “Biker Boyz” is a fun Partner WOD that will focus on the Bikes! You did read this correctly, we will be using both the Assault Bikes and the Bike Ergs in one workout today. For both the Assault Bike and Bike Erg we have the same calorie goal and are wanting these calories to take under 2 minutes. The bike should be a hard effort, but definitely not a sprint. If you think it will take over 2 minutes for you and your partner to complete the 40/30 calories, modify the reps down to 35/25. The KB SDHP is a movement that we don’t do very often, so be more methodical on these and focus on moving well. The weight you choose should allow you to do 15+ reps unbroken when fresh. If you and your teammate are both efficient at rope climbs, go for the sport option of 6 rope climbs per round.
Strength/Skill Work: 15 Minutes to Work to a Heavy Double Power Clean and Push Jerk
“Open WOD 13.4”
7 Min AMRAP:
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21,…
Clean and Jerks F(95/65) P/S(135/95)
Toes to Bar F(Knees to Chest)
– Our focus today is the moving the barbell, as we will have clean and jerks in both the Strength and the Metcon. During the strength we will be building to a heavy double power clean and jerk. These will be performed as two singles. The idea of this strength is to prep you for the metcon, while also giving you the opportunity to go heavy. You will be given and open 15 minutes, so move up slowly in the weight and focus on transitioning efficiently from the clean to the jerk.
– We have another Open Retest Friday, this week is Open WOD 13.4. This workout is a very short and intense 7 minute AMRAP with ascending reps. Like the strength, we encourage you to perform all of the clean and jerks as quick singles, similar to what most of us would do in the workout “Grace”. Not only will this help control the heart rate, but it will also save your grip for the other movement in the couplet, Toes to Bar. Although the workout starts off low in reps and easy, the reps do add up quickly as you add 3 reps every round to both movements. Try to come out at a conservative pace to be able to stay moving for the entire 7 minutes.
Saturday 2.9.19 – BeachFit Spartan Special Event Class Schedule 7:30 + 9:30 AM Classes Only! No CrossFit Classes today!
For Time: (70 Min Cap)
40 Air Squats
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
40 Russian KB Swings
200m D-Ball Carry (any style)
40 Sit Ups
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
40 Step Ups Adv.(Box Jumps)
200m Overhead Plate Carry
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
Adv.(60 Reps of Each)
– Today is the day, you become a SPARTAN! This workout is going to be long, and challenging – and we know you wouldn’t want it any other way. Today is a great day to push yourself to try and complete this event and have fun with your CFPB community. The BeachFit Spartan will be 3 miles worth of running, broke into 800 m sections. After each 800 m section you will have a new movement to complete before getting back into the run and heading to your next challenge. None of the movements that we have for you today are going to be complex, but each one will push you in a different way. The goal today is to complete this workout in under 60 minutes, although you will have a 70 minute time cap to work with. If you are a strong runner and believe you can do this in 45 minutes or less, go for the advanced option of 60 reps per movement.
2019 02 03