CrossFit Week of WODs 9.9.19
Strength/Skill Work: 5 sets of 1 Split Jerk @ 80-90% (15 minutes)
“Rinse and Repeat”
4 min AMRAP:
Shoulder to Overhead F(75/55) P/S(95/65)
*Rest 4:30 and Repeat
– Our focus today is the Shoulder to Overhead which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be building to a heavy weight, but something that feels smooth for each rep. We have given a small window in percentages depending on if the weight feels good or bad on this particular day. It has been a while since we have completed a heavy split jerk, so use this as an opportunity to get some quality practice in. –“Rinse and Repeat” is a repeat workout that we last completed on 7.3.2018. We would like for you to get close to finishing the 21-15-9 in the 4 minutes, so choose a weight on the shoulder to overhead that you can do unbroken each round. Push Press will be the quickest version, but you could also opt for a Push Jerk today. If you are not as proficient on the rower, consider switching to 15-12-9 for both movements to keep the intensity high. You will have a little more rest built in than you are working, so this should allow you to go just as hard on round 2
Strength/Skill Work: Every 1:30 for 12 minutes perform 1 Squat Clean + 1 Hang Squat Clean (Building)
3 Rounds: (15 minute cap)
7 Power Cleans @ 70-80% of Strength
7 Tall Box Jumps
*Score is Clean Weight + Box Height
– Our big focus today is the Clean. In the strength we will be building to find a heavy weight for the complex of 1 Squat Clean + 1 Hang Squat Clean. You will be holding onto the bar between these two lifts. You will have some time before we start the clock to prep the bar, but then we will have 8 sets to build.
– “Powerball Winner” will also focus on the clean, this time the Power variation. We will be using a percentage from the weight that we found in the strength. The goal is to find a weight that you complete as singles each round. For the tall box jumps pick a height that forces you to reset completely between each rep. For this workout we encourage everyone to run the entire distance. The score today will not be time, instead it will be the weight of the Power Cleans + the tallest box height you used.
Strength/Skill Work: 10 minutes to build to accumulate 6 Sets of 3 Strict/Weighted Pull Up F(Banded Pull Ups or Band Pull Down)
9 Rounds For Time: (18 Min Cap)
11 Wall Balls F(14/10) P(20/14) S(30/20)
20 Double Unders F(20 Plate Hops) S(30 Dubs)
01 Rope Climb F(4 Rope Assisted Pull Ups) S(1/2 Legless)
– We will have a focus on vertical pulling today in both the strength and the metcon. During the strength we will have 10 minutes to try and accumulate 6 sets of 3 Strict Pull-ups. Ideally we are completing these unbroken. If we are not able to do 3 reps unbroken, add in a band or complete a band pull-down. If you can complete 3 pull-ups easily unbroken, try adding some weight today.
– “Never Forget” is a repeat workout from 9/11/2015 to honor those who lost their lives or were affected by the attack on 9/11. If you have a score, make sure you look it up to have a goal to shoot for this time around. The wall-balls should be unbroken for most rounds, if not all today. The rope climb should be quick because there is only one per round, if you do need to modify the movement we will be practicing with the rope assisted pull-up to strength our upper body for the rope climb. The double unders should be a quick recovery and should be close to unbroken each round, try not to allow these to be a time hog.
27 min AMRAP:
300/250m Ski Erg
30 Sit-ups / Russian Twists (per side) / Alternating V-ups
:30 sec Handstand Hold F(3 Wall Walks) S(30’ Handstand Walk)
100m D-Ball Shoulder Carry
– Each Thursday for the past few weeks we have increased the overall time you are working. Last week was 25 minutes, and this week jumps to 27. During the AMRAP try to find a steady pace in Round 1 that will allow you to keep moving throughout the entire workout. Each round the core movement that you perform will change. We will also be giving a chance for you to practice and play with wall walks, handstand holds, or a handstand walk. We will start each round with a Ski Erg, and end each round with a D-Ball shoulder carry. Because the D-ball is on the shoulder, try to push the weight.
Strength/Skill Work: 3 sets of 8 Sumo Deadlifts at 70-80% of Sumo Deadlift test weight (15 minutes)
“Put the Team on My Back”
13 min AMRAP (Partner WOD):
20 Deadlifts F(155/105) P(185/125) S(225/155)
30 Burpees Over the Bar
40/30 Bike Erg Cals
– Our focus today is the deadlift. Now that we have completed the RDL phase, it is time to reintroduce the Sumo Deadlift and build on it for the next couple of weeks. During the 15 minutes we will be completing 3 working sets of 8 reps. There is not set tempo, but this should be controlled on the lower phase each rep. Stay within the 70-80% range as we will be increasing the percentages every week.
– “Put the Team on My Back” is a shorter partner AMRAP to end the day. This WOD will also include the deadlift, this time a standard stance instead of the sumo. Pick a weight on the bar that you could do 15+ reps with when fresh, but ideally just able to complete sets of 5 with you and your partner. For the Burpees Over the Bar stay low, and switch off often with your partner to avoid quick burnout. Because this is a short AMRAP, when you get on the Bike Erg push the pace. Switch off as soon as you feel yourself slipping.
“You and Me”
For Time: (Partner WOD) (35 min cap)
800m Run (Together)
125 Cal Row
125 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings)
125 Thrusters F(45/35) P/S(75/55)
800m Run (Together)
F(100 reps) S(150 reps)
*Partition reps of the Row, Toes to Bar, and Thrusters however you wish
– We are ending the week with a LONG partner chipper. Each team will buy-in and buy-out with an 800m run together. Once you come back into the gym, the workout will be in your hands. You will be given 125 Calories on the Rower, 125 Toes to bar, and 125 Thrusters to complete in any rep scheme, sets, or order you wish. This will take some pre-WOD game planning with your team! The Toes to Bar should be completed in sets of around 5 reps per person so save yourself. The weight on the thrusters should be light enough that when fresh you could complete 20+ reps unbroken with. For the row have a plan going in so that you don’t burn out too early. Once you complete your rep number totals, you will buy-out with another 800m run. The goal for today is to try and finish this workout under the 35 minute time cap!
2019 09 08