CrossFit Week of WODS 7.29.19
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to build in the complex of 2 Power Clean and Push Jerks (perform as 2 singles)
“Grace” – Completed last on 10/02/2019
For Time: (8 Min Cap)
30 Clean and Jerks F(95/65) P/S(135/95)
– The big focus today is on our metcon, “Grace”. To get the most out of this workout, cycling the barbell efficiently will be key. Our strength today will be your chance to build to a heavy weight for two clean and jerks, performed as two singles. Between the reps drop and reset for 5-10 seconds before attempting the second lift. If you are unsure of the weight you plan to use for the workout, use the strength to help guide you. Ideally, we are going MUCH heavier than the weight we use later on in the day.
– “Grace” is one of the shortest CrossFit benchmark workouts that we test. Ideally, this workout will be performed in 4 minutes or less, but we will allow you up to 8 minutes to finish today. If you think you will be around 4 minutes or more, you will likely want to do fast singles from the beginning. If you can move the weight pretty good, you may want to start by stringing together reps. Push yourself to finish this workout as fast as possible, without getting sloppy. Here is a useful video we put together a while back to help you maximize your Grace performance. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbVVM-CijP4
3 Rounds For Time:
1,000/800m Bike F(800/600)
600/500m Row F(500/400)
240ft. D-Ball Shoulder Carry F(60/40) P(80/50) S(100/80)
*28 min cap
– “Talladega Superspeedway” is going to be our long aerobic workout for the week. To complete this workout under the time cap, the goal is to keep each movement around 2:00 minutes. This will be more challenging on some of the movements than the others, but if we can hold a steady pace and increase as we go it is doable. If you think that the distances may take you over 2:30 to complete, modify them to the Fitness option. The D-Ball will be a shoulder carry, and two full laps around the rig. Switch shoulders at the halfway point and challenge the weight you are using on this today. We will be finishing the class with a fun Core Down.
Strength/Skill Work: 12 min EMOM:
Min 1: 4-6 Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats 30×1 Tempo (Right)
Min 2: 4-6 Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats 30×1 Tempo (Left)
Min 3: 8 PVC Pipe Seated Rows 30×1 Tempo
“Bill of Rights”
13 min AMRAP:
10 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings)
10 Box Jumps F(Step-ups) P/S(24/20)
10 Wall-Balls F(14/10) P(20/14) S(30/20)
– Although we are taking a deload week from the Front Squats before out big retest next week, we did still want to get some variation of a squat into this week. During our strength EMOM we will be completing 4-6 reps per leg. You may choose to slightly increase weight each round, or stay at one weight throughout. The strength will also have a newer movement with the PVC Pipe Seated Rows with a slow tempo attached, that will help prep us for the Toes to Bar coming later in the class.
– “Bill of Rights” will be a medium timed AMRAP with simpler movements, meaning you can expect quite a few rounds. During the Toes to Bar we would like these reps to be completed in 1-2 sets throughout, so you may choose to modify the reps or change to Toes to Rings. For the wall-balls try to pick a weight that is slightly heavier than you would typically choose. Focus on the squat first, and then the target. You may have to break these reps into 2 quick sets in the later rounds and that is fine!
25 min EMOM: (:45 on/:15 off)
Min 1: Ski Erg Calories
Min 2: 4-6 Ring Push-ups (20×1) + FLR Hold
Min 3: Sled Drag F(90/45) P/S(135/90)
Min 4: 8-12 Alt. V-ups + Tuck Hold
Min 5: Bike Erg Calories
– “Traveling South” will be our flush workout for the week. Slow the pace down on the movements and focus on movement quality, specifically on the Ring Push-ups and V-ups. For the Ring Push-ups we will have a tempo attached to slow the movement down, and you can modify this by your foot positioning, moving forward or backward until you find a good level of difficulty. Once the reps are completed, the rest of the time will be in a FLR hold. You may choose to push the pace on the Ski and Bike Erg, but we will not have a score, so there is no need to keep track of the total numbers.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 75 Seconds for 8 Sets – 1 Hang Power Snatch + 2 Overhead Squat @ 21X1 Tempo
10 min AMRAP:
4, 6, 8, 10, 12, etc…
Hang Power Snatch F(45/35) P(75/55) S(95/65)
Burpees Over the Bar
*After each set perform 30 Double Unders
– The focus for the day is the Hang Power Snatch which we will have in both the strength and the workout. During the strength we will have 1 Hang Power Snatch and then go directly into two tempo overhead squats. Use this as a chance to get comfortable in the bottom with the barbell overhead. The Hang Power Snatch is also a great movement to focus on a quick transition under the bar, while dialing in your appropriate footwork. You may choose to increase weight each set, but once you get to a good weight, stay there for the rest of the working sets.
– Our workout for the day is going to be a quick burner. This accending ladder will add two reps each round to both movements. The barbell weight should be something that you could do most sets unbroken with, but might choose to break the higher rep numbers into two quick sets. The burpees will be quick lateral bar over burpees, focus on staying low to get over the bar quickly. After each round you will perform 30 double unders before you add the extra two reps.
“Jump Off a Cliff”
3 Rounds: (Teams of Two)
6 Rope Climbs F(Rope Lowers) S(8 Rope Climbs)
30 DB Hang Squat Cleans F(35/20) P(50/35) S(60/45)
800m Run (Switch every 200m)
*24 min cap
– “Jump Off a Cliff” is our partner WOD of the week! With the run being the exception, you may choose to split the reps with your partner however you wish, with one partner always resting. For the rope climbs if you are both efficient at the movement you may choose the sport option, but regardless of what number you pick these should take under 2 minutes to complete. For the DB Hang Squat Clean pick a weight that you can perform at least 5 reps every time you grab the dumbbells, ideally getting closer to 10 reps. The runs will be split into 200m distances. One partner will run a 200m while the other rests, you will then tag off and the next partner will run a 200m. Both partners will run 2x200m to finish this portion. Try to increase the pace throughout the rounds, and avoid coming out to hot in the first.
2019 07 28