CrossFit Week of WODS 7.22.19
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to find a heavy 5 rep max Single Arm DB Strict Press per side
3 Rounds: (:40 on / :20 off)
Min 1: Wall-Balls F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
Min 2: Burpees
Min 3: Box Jumps F(Step-ups) P/S(24/20)
Min 4: DB Push Press F(35/20) P(40/30) S(50/35)
Min 5: Cal Row
– The focus for the day is overhead pressing, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. After a deload week last week, we are retesting our 5 rep max Single Arm DB Strict Press. Make sure before we start the class you check back on SugarWOD for your original weight from the test-in on June 5th. We recommend that you start with your weaker of the two arms as you start the build. Focus on keeping the legs locked to avoid the small dip that wants to naturally happen as the weights increase.
– “Money Mayweather” is a play on the CrossFit benchmark “Fight Gone Bad”. You will be at each different station for :40 seconds accumulating as many reps as you can. After each movement you will have a :20 rest and transition which will give you a time to jot down the reps from that movement. For the DB Push Press find a weight that when fresh you could hold onto for at least 20 reps unbroken. For all of the other movements the goal is to stay moving for the entire :40 seconds. This workout will be a grind, specifically in round #2, so prepare to push when you get there!
24 min AMRAP (Teams of Two) :
1,600/1,400m Bike Erg
240′ Sled Push F(90/45) P/S(135/90)
480′ Farmers Carry (Switch every 120’) F(53/35) P(62/44) S(70/53)
250m Medball Run (Together) F(14/10) P(20/14) S(30/20)
– “Roadside Assistance” is a 24 minute partner WOD that will require team communication. All of the movements will be one partner working one partner resting, except on the Medball Run, which you will complete together. During the run you may choose to trade the ball back and forth as needed. For the Bike Erg, you can divide the meters as you wish, but we recommend switching when you feel yourself losing intensity. For the sled push you will break up the 240’ in half. Each partner will have two 60’ sled pushes before the distance is complete. For the Farmers Carry each partner will have two trips around the rig, broken up by 120’ section (one lap). This should be a weight that is challenging but you can hold onto for the entire lap. Communicate with your partner to stay moving as you work through this longer AMRAP.
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to build to a heavy weight for 1 Power Clean + 1 Hang Power Clean
Every 3 minutes for 15 minutes perform:
1 Rope Climb F(6 RA Pull-ups) S(1 Legless + 1 Rope Climb)
40 Double Unders F(60 Singles)
5 Power Cleans @ 70-80% of Strength
– The focus for the day is the Power Clean, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will have 12 minutes to build in a Power Clean + Hang Power Clean complex. The goal is to build up to a challenging weight, but something that we can still perform with good technique. You will be holding onto the bar after the Power Clean, and resetting at the hips to go right into the Hang Power Clean.
– The metcon for the day will also have Power Cleans. During this interval workout you will start a new round every 3 minutes, until you complete 5 rounds. We are not scoring the time that it takes you to complete the rounds, instead focus on movement quality and completing the work as stretched out as you need in the 3 minutes. This is a great day to practice rope climbs if you have them, or practice your footwork on the RA Pull-ups. If you feel very confident on the rope you can perform the sport option of 1 legless climb + 1 normal rope climb. The dubs should be a rep number that you can complete in a few sets, so modify as needed. For the weight on the barbell you will be using 70-80% of your weight from the strength. If you build to a heavy and challenging weight, you may want to stay closer to 70%. If the weight was lighter and technique was the focus you may be able to shoot for closer to 80%. We will be recording the weight you used for the WOD in SugarWOD.
1:30 on / 1:30 off
Sets 1-4 perform:
15/12 Cal Bike Erg F(12/9)
Max Rep DB Bench Press (30×1)
Sets 5-8 perform:
15/12 Cal Ski Erg F(12/9)
Max Rep Sit-ups
– “Beach Cruiser” will be a 1:30 on 1:30 off interval workout, with two seperate stations. You will be at one station for 4 straight rounds, before rotating to the next. Both stations will start with calories on either the Ski Erg or the Bike Erg. Ideally we are completing these calories in around :50-1:00 to give yourself at least :30 seconds to accumulate reps. For the DB Bench Press this should be a weight that you can hang onto for at least 15 reps unbroken when fresh, while still controlling the 30×1 tempo that is attached. For the Sit-ups the goal is to simply stay moving with whatever remaining time that you have. Try to push the pace of each round knowing that you get an equal 1:1 work to rest ratio.
Strength/Skill Work: Front Squats 4-5 sets of 1-2 reps @ 100-110% of test weight (18 minutes)
3 Rounds for Time: (13 minute cap)
70’ ft Walking Lunges
12 Ring Rows S(7/5 Ring Muscle-ups)
– This is our last week of Front Squats in this cycle before we retest our 3 rep max. Today we should be at least at or just above our test-in weight. You may choose to work with singles or doubles, but once you get to your heavy weight stay there for all of the 4-5 working sets. Strive to get to your working weight in 6-7 minutes and use the rest of the time for your sets.
– “Pretty Girls” is a short but spicy finisher for the day. For the run on today’s workout we can modify the distance as needed to keep the runs right around 2:00. The Walking Lunges will start right when you come back in the door and will go the entire distance of the turf. For the gymnastic movement, this should be a movement and rep range that we can complete in 1-2 quick sets. If you are sticking with the Ring Rows, try to challenge yourself by walking your feet underneath. Ring Muscle-ups are an option for sport, but again it should still be completed in 1-2 quick sets in order to finish this workout in the time cap.
18 min AMRAP:
9 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings)
7 Deadlifts F(95/65) P(115/75) S(135/85)
5 Power Snatch
*Alternate Full Rounds
– We will be wrapping up the week with a fun partner variation of Open WOD 15.1. The rep scheme has been slightly modified to allow you to attack each round at an aggressive pace. Ideally, the individual round should take around 1:30 to complete, with the first few rounds being slightly faster. The toes to bar should be unbroken, so you may choose to modify the number, or the movement to toes to rings. The barbell weight will be a light deadlift that should be completed unbroken. The same barbell weight will be used on the Power Snatch. You may choose to tap and go a few reps, but fast singles will be ideal for this workout. You will be alternating full rounds giving you around 1:30, close to a 1:1 work to rest ratio.
2019 07 21