CrossFit Week of WODS 6.24.19
Strength/Skill Work: Front Squat: 4 sets of 6 reps @ 70-75% of test in weight at 3031 Tempo (18 minutes)
12 min EMOM: (:45 on/:15 off)
Min 1: 4-6 Tall Box Jumps
Min 2: 4-6/side Elevated Split Squat S(Pistols)
Min 3: 12/9 Cal Ski Erg S(15/12)
– This will be the third week of the Tempo Front Squats, with an increasing percentage and decreasing reps. If you have been hitting this consistently every week, this week will be about 10% heavier than last week. We are adding in a 4th working set because the reps have decreased so much. The challenge of this movement comes in the Tempo.
– “Sky Zone” will be our quick finisher for the day. During the first minute of the EMOM you will perform 4-6 Tall Box Jumps. These should be performed as singles, challenging yourself on the height each round. Minute 2 we will be performing a single leg squat variation. You may choose to complete 4-6 Elevated Split Squats per leg, or 12 pistols. On the split squats you will have to transition from leg to leg quickly, and you may choose to add dumbbells for an added challenge. For the Cal Ski the goal is to finish in around :45 seconds, so choose the calorie numbers that allow you to do this.
28 min AMRAP:
2 Rope Climbs F(6 RA Pull-ups) S(1 Legless + 2 RC)
200ft DB Farmers Carry F(40/25) P(50/35) S(60+/45+)
– “Tarzan” is a long Tuesday workout. Because the AMRAP is so long we encourage you to come out at a pace that you think you can sustain for a nearly 30 minute workout. We encourage everyone to stay with the full distance on the run, which should take most people 1-1:30 minutes. The Rope Climbs should take under a minute to complete. If you choose the sport option with the legless rope climb, this should also take you the same time. We are bringing back the higher volume Sit-ups to challenge the core, which you should feel on the heavy Farmers Carry. On the carries we pick a heavy weight as long as you can keep the DB away from the body and stay upright.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 75 seconds for 8 Rounds (10 minutes) perform 1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 Power Snatch
3 min AMRAP:
3 Power Snatch F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/105)
9 Burpees Over Bar
3 min AMRAP:
5 Power Snatch F(75/55) P(115/75) S(135/85)
9 Burpees Over Bar
3 min AMRAP:
7 Power Snatch F(45/35) P(95/65) S(115/75)
9 Burpees Over Bar
*Rest 1:30 after each AMRAP
– The focus today is the Power Snatch, which we will have in both the strength and the metcon. During the strength we will have two lifts one coming from the hang and the other from the floor. We will have 8 lifts total during this strength ideally using the first 3-4 building, and then staying at the same weight on the back half. We want this to be used as a technique focused day. If you struggle dropping under the bar quickly the hang power snatch does not leave a lot of room for error, which will give you the opportunity to improve upon this. Perform this complex as two singles, one from the hang and one from the floor.
– “Raining 3’s” will continue with the Power Snatch. Each 3 minute AMRAP will be scored separately. Although they look very similar, the reps and weight differences will cause you to attack each AMRAP differently. For each 3 minute AMRAP the goal is to complete 3 rounds. The weights on the barbell should go from something that has to be completed as singles, to something you could hang onto if needed. However with the style of workout, you may choose to do quick singles throughout. The burpees over the bar should be performed as lateral burpees, with a steady pace. You will get a 1:30 rest between each AMRAP to switch weights and note your score.
“The 8th Amendment”
8 sets Tabata per movement (:20 on/:10 off):
Side Plank Up-Downs (alt. sides)
30’ Sled Push/Drag
Single Arm DB High Pull (alt. sides)
*Rest 30 seconds between movements
– Today’s Tabata format is meant for a flush day, however if you have missed some days this week you may choose to push here and get a great workout. You will be staying at each individual station for 8 total rounds of :20 on/:10 off. For the rower this could be a flush pace, or a hard effort :20 seconds each round. During the Side Plank Up-Downs you will transition back and forth every :20, keeping controlled reps to get the most out of the movement. For the 30’ Sled Push/Drag you will complete one rep per interval, alternating between pushing and pulling. For the Single Arm High Pull, don’t shoot for how many reps you can achieve, instead focus on the quality of movement. There will be no score today, but make sure to record all of your notes.
Strength/Skill Work: 12 min EMOM
Min 1: 8 Single Arm DB Strict Press @ 85-90% (Right)
Min 2: 8 Single Arm DB Strict Press @ 85-90% (Left)
Min 3: 8 Barbell RDL’s (30×1)
Min 4: Rest
“Men in Black”
15 min AMRAP (Teams of Two):
20 Clean and Jerks F(115/75) P(135/95) S(155/105)
30 Cal Bike Erg
40 D-Ball Step-ups F(30/20) P(40/30) S(60/40)
– Our focus today is the Overhead Press, which we will have in the strength and the WOD. During the strength we will continue with the SA DB Strict Press progressions, as the weights continue to rise. If you were here last week, this should be another 5-10# jump depending on how it felt. We are getting closer to our test in weight, so the reps should start getting more difficult. There is not a set tempo, but we should always focus on slower down and faster up. The third minute of the EMOM will be a barbell RDL. We are using this movement to prep the hamstrings for the cleans that are coming in the WOD.
– “Men in Black” will be a challenging Partner WOD. We will continue with the overhead pressing using the Clean and Jerk in the workout. Select a weight on this that you can perform as quick tap and go reps back and forth with your team. You should try to push the pace on the Bike Erg switching off often enough that you don’t burn yourself out. The D-Ball Step-ups will be performed with the D-Ball on the shoulder, just make sure that you alternate shoulders as you go. All of these reps can be divided between you both as you wish.
150 Double Unders
10 Rounds of “Cindy”
– “Tread Water” is a repeat workout last completed on 10.18.18. The row should take between 8-12 minutes for most people – try to stay consistent from start to end. The double unders shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes. If we need to, modify the movement to single unders, or even double taps, but cap yourself after 3 minutes with whatever option you choose. “Cindy” will be a big chunk of today’s workout and should take about as long as the row. If these movements are weaker for you, you may choose to stick with the performance or fitness reps for today’s workout. Ideally we are finishing this workout in around 22 minutes.
2019 06 23