CrossFit Week of WODS 6.17.19
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to find a Moderately Heavy 1+1 Power Clean
Every 4 minutes for 16 minutes:
5 Power Cleans @ 80-85% of Strength
– Our focus for today’s WOD is the Power Clean, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be building to a heavy Power Clean double, performed as two singles. After your first rep, drop and resting for 5-10 seconds before your second attempt. You do not need to shoot for a new PR during the strength, instead work up to a heavy load for the day that was technically sound. Once technique starts breaking down, stop there.
– “The Titanic” is an interval strength focused workout. We will be using a percentage of the weight we found in the strength, and performing 5 Power Clean reps every interval. All of these reps should be performed like they were in the strength, with a drop and reset between each rep. We also encourage you to take your time on the 5 lifts, and space them out across the remaining time. We are only scoring the weight you use, not the time that you finish each interval. The row should be at a moderate pace, ideally finishing around 1:30-1:45.
“Strict Nicole” – Compare to 8.23.18
20 Min AMRAP:
Max Strict Pull Ups
10 Barbell Curls
60 second Plank Hold
– “Strict Nicole” is a challenging variation of a CrossFit Benchmark WOD, that we last completed on 8.23.18. Each time you come back in from the run you will complete as many unbroken strict pull-ups as you can. If you are unable to get at least 5 reps per round, modify the pull-ups to max reps over 2 unbroken sets instead of just 1 set. This workout is run heavy, and we challenge every athlete to tackle the 400 m distance today. The run doesn’t need to be fast, but try to keep a consistent pace. We will be finishing off the day with a Core Down.
Strength/Skill Work: Front Squats: 3 sets of 9 reps @ 60-65% of test in weight @ 3031 Tempo
2 Rounds: Tabata (3 Rounds per Station)
D-Ball Deficit Reverse Lunges
Sit-ups (Adv. Alt. V-ups)
*20 second rest between stations
– We are on Week 2 of our Front Squat percentage work, and we are keeping the tempo! If you completed last weeks squats, you will understand the effect that these slow and controlled reps can have. If last week was tough for you, you may only want to make a 5% jump this week in weight, or if they felt easier you can make a 10% jump from last week. We are also cutting off 3 reps PER set, which will take around :20 seconds off the amount of time you have to hold the barbell in the front rack position. Stay true to the Tempo!
– “Suicide Bomber” is our quick Tabata finisher for the day. We will stay at each station for 3 rounds through our :20 on / :10 of Tabata format, before transitioning to the next movement with a :20 break. The D-Ball Deficit Reverse Lunges are a different variation of a normal lunge that will slightly increase the range of motion, so you may start a little lighter than normal. The Lunges and Sit-ups will not be scored, instead focus on movement quality. The only scored movement in today’s WOD is the total number of Burpees you accumulate through the entire 2 round workout.
“The Statue of Liberty”
24 min EMOM (:50 on / :10 off)
Min 1: 9 Single Arm DB Strict Press @ 75-80% (Right)
Min 2: 9 Single Arm DB Strict Press @ 75-80% (Left)
Min 3: Side Plank (Alt. Rounds)
Min 4: Bike Erg
Min 5: Double Unders F(Attempts)
Min 6: Rest
– “The Statue of Liberty” is our ‘flush’ workout of the week, but will also be building for the next week of our Single Arm Strict Press cycle. This week we are adding the Strict Press into our WOD for the day, and dropping the reps from 12 to 9. Treat this strength the same as last week, taking the percentages off of your weakest arm from the test in. If you did not test, try to increase slightly in weight from the previous week. The rest of the movements can be taken at a conservative flush pace to get a sweat, or you can push yourselves on these movements to make it a challenging workout. Record your weight on the Strict Press for the day.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 75 seconds for 4 Rounds (8 sets):
Set 1: 6-8 DBL Kettlebell RDL (30X1)
Set 2: 6-8 DB Bench Press (30X1)
12 Minute AMRAP:
15 Cal Row
15 Russian Kettlebell Swings F(53/35) P(62/44) S(70/53)
15 Ring Push-ups
– We will have the same focus on pressing and hinging today in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be alternating between a KB RDL and a DB Bench Press. On both of the movements we encourage you to slightly increase weight round, as long as you can hold the tempo. Both movements have a small rep range letting you decide how heavy you want to go in this portion of the strength.
– “More Cowbell” is a 12 minute AMRAP hitting the same movement patterns that we did in the strength. For the Russian KBS find a weight that challenges you, but that you could hold onto unbroken for most sets. The Ring Push-ups should be broken into 2-3 quick sets for most, or 1 unbroken set if you are stronger at this movement. Use the rower as a chance to recover so that you can go into the swings and push-ups feeling ready. The score today will be the total rounds and reps.
“Saturday Night Fever”
22 min AMRAP (Teams of Two):
60 Wall-Balls F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
50 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings)
40 Cal Ski Erg
30 Power Snatch F(75/55) P(95/65) S(115/75)
– “Saturday Night Fever” is a fun partner WOD to end the week. This AMRAP will have one partner working and one resting throughout, dividing the reps between your group as you wish. The reps on all of the movements are higher than you will typically see, so divide them up early to be able to sustain for the entire 22 minutes. Pick a weight on the Power Snatches that you could hang on for a few tap and go sets. This could still be a weight that you and your partner perform quick singles. For the rest of the movements, divide the reps early to get plenty of rest.
2019 06 16