CrossFit Week of WODs 5.6.19
Strength/Skill Work: 12 Min EMOM:
Min 1) 4-6 Inverted Barbell Rows
Min 2) 30 Sec Weighted Side Plank (Alt Rounds)
For Time: (15 Min Cap)
30/25 Cal Row
30 SA DB Hang Snatch F(35/20) P(45/30) S(50/35)
30 Ring Rows F(DB Bent Over Rows)
60 Butterfly Sit Ups
30 SA DB Overhead Reverse Lunges F(Front Rack)
30 SA DB Thrusters
30/25 Cal Row
– Today our focus will be on pulling strength and core in both the Strength and Metcon. The Inverted Barbell Row will have the same points of performance as the Ring Row, but will offer a more sturdy base to pull from. Just like the Ring Row we can make this movement easier or harder by the height of our feet. We may also choose to elevate our feet and add plates onto our chest for more of a challenge. We will be pairing the row with a weighted side plank. You may choose to increase weight every round as long as you can keep yourself stacked and stable with the arm locked out.
– “D-Train” is a sprint chipper with multiple different movements. Base you DB weight off of your limiting movement and try to finish the reps in 2 possibly 3 quick sets. Find a challenging height on the ring row that allows you to complete the set of 30 in just a few sets.The halfway point of the workout is the 60 sit-ups which will give you a little time to catch your breath before going into the home stretch. You will begin and end this workout with a 30/25 cal row. Try to slightly pace the first row and empty the tank on the last one to end the workout. We will be running in two heats to allow all of us to move through this workout in order.
3 X 12 Min AMRAPs
Buy In: 1200m Run F(800m)
6 Power Cleans F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/110)
12/9 Cal Bike Erg
18/15 Push Ups
*2 Minutes Rest Between AMRAPs
– Last week our focus during “Barbara” was to build pull-up, push-up and squat volume in our prep for “Murph”. This week we will shift our focus to building the running volume. Each of our 12 minute AMRAPs will start with a 1,200 m run. We encourage everyone to try to keep the entire distance knowing that there will still be plenty of time to move through the AMRAP when you make it back inside. For the Power Cleans pick a weight that you could do the 6 reps unbroken, even if you choose to perform them as singles in the workout. We can modify the push-ups to banded push-ups if we are still building strength for this movement. You will get a quick two minute rest between each AMRAP. Each interval will have its own score of rounds + reps that you can record into SugarWOD.
Strength/Skill Work: 4 Sets of 3 Back Squats + AMRAP Set of Back Squats at that weight
4 Sets of 3 Front Rack Step Ups + AMRAP Set on Weaker Leg
-Use 105-110% of 5 Rep Max For Both Movements. Slower Down, Faster Up Tempo (20 Min Cap)
12 Min EMOM:
Min 1) 10-16 Heavy Wall Balls
Min 2) 10-16 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings) S(3-6 BMU + 3-6 T2B)
Min 3) :45 Secs of Double Unders
– This is Week 5 of our strength progression on either the Back Squat or Step-up. You will be sticking with the same movement that you have performed in the following weeks, and basing your percentage off of your original test in weight. As we near the end of this cycle the overall rep volume is much smaller, but we are now at percentages heavier than your starting weight. Today we are giving a small window in percentages, so if you feel good shoot for the 110%, if they are feeling heavier stay around 105% for the working sets. After your 4th set of Back Squats you will perform an AMRAP set for the 5th set shooting for 4+ reps. For the step-ups, you will perform your AMRAP set with your weaker of the two legs.
– The big focus of the day is the strength, so the metcon will be performed as a no score finisher. We will be bringing back the heavy wall ball with the main goal being to control the structure of your squat, do not worry about trying to get the heavier weights to the target. If you are going above 30#’s you may choose to use a D-ball for this movement. Your form and technique will be our main priority on the gymnastics movement, so break these reps up in small sets as much as you need. This is a great day to practice double unders if you are close to stringing them together, or are still working on them.
“Rubble on the Double”
9 Min AMRAP:
300/250m Ski Erg
6 Ring Body Saws
60’ Heavy Sled Push F(135/90) P/S(180/135)
-3 Mins Rest-
9 Min AMRAP:
15 Ball Slams F(20/15) P/S(30/20)
12 MB Rotational Throws (6/Side)
– Our two 9 minute AMRAPs today can be used as your weekly flush, or a very challenging core intensive workout if you have missed a few days this week. During the sled push we encourage you to go heavier than normal during this quick down and back push. Focus on keeping the hips slightly elevated and core crunched during the ring body saw to sustain your position. You may choose to modify this movement to a Ring FLR hold if needed. Select a weight on the ball slams that you can reach full extension at the top, beat the ball to the bottom, and stay unbroken on the reps. The MB Rotational throws can be a great core accessory movement if you allow it to be. Keep the weight light and focus on getting you back leg into the movement to generate power in your throw, similar to a golf or baseball swing. For both of the machines try to keep a steady pace throughout the AMRAPs.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 75 Seconds for 8 Rounds Perform 1 Hang Squat Snatch + 1 Squat Snatch F(1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 OHS @ 31X1 Tempo)
For Time: (10 Min Cap)
Box Jumps F(20/16) P/S(24/20)
Overhead Squats F(95/65 Back Squats) P/S(95/65)
Burpees Over the Bar
– For the strength we will be working through two positions, the hang (position 2) and from the floor (position 3). Through the 8 Rounds you may choose to build each set, or during the prep get to a weight and stay there throughout. If we are not yet comfortable catching in the squat snatch, we will be performing a hang power snatch and a tempo overhead squat. The tempo overhead squat will allow you to control the bar down and own the bottom position in a less dynamic movement.
– We will be keeping the bar overhead during our sprint styled metcon. For the overhead squats select a weight that you will be able to move through unbroken each round. If you have mobility issues in the Overhead position you may choose to modify the OHS to a Back Squat. The Burpees Over the Bar will be performed as lateral jumps to keep the speed up. Take your time on each box jump, but try to move through these reps unbroken. This workout is meant to be super fast, so as the reps decrease you should aim to increase your pace.
“The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly”
4 Rounds For Time: (Teams of 3 – 24 Min Cap)
30/25 Cal Assault Bike
30 Deadlifts F(155/110) P(185/125) S(205/145)
30 Pull Ups F(Jumping Pull Ups)
30/25 Ring Dips F(Push Ups)
*1 Person must be planking at all times
*Sport = 5 Rounds
– We are ending the week with a fun team of 3 workout. During the 4 rounds you may choose to split the reps between the group as much as you wish, the only catch being that one member of the team must always be holding a plank. When finding a deadlift weight for yourself, pick a weight that will allow you to at least hit 5 reps every time you get to the bar. Today is a good day to practice stringing some pull-ups and ring dips together because you can split the reps between your group. If the pull-ups get difficult we will modify this movement to a jumping pull-up to keep moving, and the ring dips will move to a push-up. On the bike aim to keep the intensity very high, but the time you are working very short. Your score today will be total time, and don’t forget to include your partners names into the notes on SugarWOD!
2019 05 05