CrossFit Week of WODS 3.16.20
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to build to a heavy weight for 2 Hang Power Snatch + 1 OHS S(1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 Squat Snatch + 1 OHS)
*After each set perform 4-6 Side Plank Leg Lifts/side (Optional)
5 Rounds For Time: (18 Min Cap)
15 Overhead Squats F(Back Squats) P/S(95/65)
-Today is a benchmark day with the classic girl WOD “Nancy”. We are using the strength work to prime the overhead squat before the metcon. During the 12 minutes you will be building in a 2 Hang Snatch + 1 Overhead Squat complex. You may choose to complete this as two Hang Power Snatch, or if you feel comfortable with 1 Power and 1 Squat. There will be an optional core piece with the Side Plank Leg Lifts between each lift if you wish.
-“Nancy” is all about keeping a strong pace on the runs and staying efficient on the overhead squats. Pace yourself on the first run especially, and then try to move with the best possible technique on the overhead squats. If you start moving poorly or inefficiently on the overhead squats, it will catch up to you by the end of the 75 reps. Efficient movement is fast movement. When choosing your weight, the overhead squats should be unbroken for most rounds, and no more than 2 sets in the later rounds. With the 18 minute time cap, you are given around 3.5 minutes to complete each round.
Every 5 minutes for 30 minutes:
6 Burpee Box Jump Overs F(Burpee Box Step-ups) S(8 reps)
12 Pull-ups/12 Toes to Bar F(6 Strict Pull-ups/6 Strict Knee to Chest) S(16 reps)
*Score is difference between fastest and slowest round
– Today is all about pacing. This will be our longest workout of the week, with 6 total rounds through 30 total minutes. Pacing does not mean going slow, but finding a challenging, yet repeatable effort during the early rounds. Each round will start with a 500/400m Row which should take around 2:00 minutes to complete. The Burpee Box Jumps should take around :45-60 seconds to complete. Our gymnastic movement will alternate between Pull-ups and TTB each round. Because our goal is consistency, your score will be the difference between your fastest and slowest rounds.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 2:30 for 5 sets perform 4 Deadlifts
*After each set perform 6-8 SA DB High Pulls/arm (20×1)
15 min AMRAP:
100m SA Farmers Carry
15 Sumo Deadlift High Pulls F(45/35) P/S(75/55)
300m Ski Erg
60 Double Unders F(120 Single Unders)
– The big focus today will be on hinging, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will building to a heavy set of 4 Deadlifts through 5 working sets. You will have some time prior to start building weight, so all 5 working sets should be heavy. After each set, perform 6-8 DB High Pulls/arm to help prep for the workout. These should be performed at a light weight, with a slower down, faster up tempo.
– “E.Honda” will be a fun but challenging 15 minute AMRAP. We will continue with the hinge and high pull from the strength with Sumo Deadlift High Pulls, a movement we have not performed in a while. This should be at a light weight that you can complete the 15 reps in 1-2 quick sets each round. The 100m Farmers Carry should be as heavy as you can go while staying upright, 50m on one hand, switching hands for the final 50m. The 300m Ski Erg should take just over 1 minutes to complete each round. For the Double Unders you may choose to slightly cut the reps, or complete Single Unders to stay moving if you wish. The score today will be total rounds and reps.
4 Rounds: (1:30 on / 1:30 off)
15/12 Cal Row F(12/9) S(18/15)
w/ remaining time: Max Rep DB Bench Press (20×1)
– Rest 1:30
15/12 Cal Bike Erg F(12/9) S(18/15)
w/ remaining time: Max Rep Ring Rows (20×1) S(Elevated)
– “Generation Iron” will have a push/pull strength focus. Throughout the 4 rounds, you will work for 1:30 and then rest for 1:30. During the 1:30 rest, we will be rotating to the second station. Each of the stations will begin with a cardio movement. Ideally the calories we choose will allow us to finish in around :50 seconds, leaving us :40 seconds to accumulate as many reps of the other movement as possible. The DB Bench Press should be the same weight throughout the workout, and will be performed with a slight tempo. The Ring Rows will also have a tempo attached, and you can move your feet to change the difficulty based on your needs. The only thing we will be recording today is the weight on the DB Bench Press, so focus on movement quality.
“A Day’s Worth“
8 min EMOM:
Min 1: 8 Back Rack Lunges (AHAP)
Min 2: 6 Ring Plank Knee to Elbow/side
– Rest 2 minutes
8 min EMOM:
Min 1: 60 ft. Sled Push/Pull (Heavy)
Min 2: :15-20 L-Sit
– Rest 2 minutes
8 min EMOM
Min 1: 8 D-Ball Front Squats (20×1) (AHAP)
Min 2: 6 Medball Rotational Throws/side
– Today has a big focus on lower body strength. Each of the three 8 minute EMOMs will have a big lower body movement that will challenge you in a different way, paired with a core movement. During the Back Rack Lunges you should be at a challenging weight each of the 4 sets, completing 4 reps PER leg. The Sled should be at a challenging weight that you can push down for 30 ft, and pull backwards for the remaining 30 ft. The final Squat of the day is a heavy D-Ball Front Squat. This will be performed at a tempo, and will also challenge the core to hold the D-Ball into position. During each of the EMOMs, as soon as you finish the work, you can rest with any remaining time. Record weights for the Lunges and D-Ball Squats.
For Time: (Partner WOD)
8-6-4-2 Rounds of Complex F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/105)
80-60-40-20 Cal Bike Erg
*25 min cap
The Complex =
4 Hang Power Cleans
5 Shoulder to Overhead
6 Burpees Over the Bar
“No Handlebars” will be a longer Partner WOD to end the week. The big focus will be on barbell cycling with the Hang Power Cleans and the Shoulder to Overhead. For the complex you will alternate full rounds with your partner. These rounds should take around 1 minute to complete, most likely starting out quicker than that. Pick a weight that allows you to stay unbroken on all movements throughout. The Bike Erg will start with a very large number of calories, so break these up with your partner early on. Staying on a 20 cal/minute pace will still be 10 minutes of biking throughout this workout. The time cap today is 25 minutes, but we expect a lot of teams to finish closer to 20 minutes.
2020 03 15