CrossFit Week of WODS 2.24.20
Strength/Skill Work: Every 1:15 for 10 sets perform:
Set 1: 6-8 Barbell RDL’s (30×1)
Set 2: 6-8 Hollow Body Shoulder Flexion (30×1)
For Time: (16 Min Cap – Compare to 5.21.19 and 10.12.18)
21 DB Power Cleans F(35/25) P(50/35) S(60/40)
21 Burpees to Plate
21 Box Jumps F(20/16) P/S(24/20)
12 Bar Muscle ups F(21 Toes to Bar/Knees to Chest) S(21 BMU)
21 Box Jumps
21 Burpees to Plate
21 DB Power Cleans
-Today’s strength and skill work will be used to prep your body for our CFPB Benchmark workout “Blackjack”. The RDL’s will have a slow and controlled tempo and you may choose to increase the load on each working set. We will be using the RDL to help prep for the DB Power Cleans in the WOD. The Hollow Body Shoulder Flexion will be used to prep us for the Toes to Bar or Bar Muscle-ups.
-“BlackJack” is a repeat workout that we last completed on 10/12/18 and also 6/22/18. For the power cleans, choose a weight that you could do 12+ unbroken reps of when fresh. During the workout, you will probably want to break this up into 2-3 sets to save your grip. For the bar muscle ups/toes to bar, choose a number of reps that you could do in 2-4 sets when fresh. This will probably be the longest station for most, but still shouldn’t take more than around 2 minutes to complete. As you get through the muscle ups and into the back end of this workout, see if you can speed up and finish faster than you started.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 2:30 for 4 sets perform 5 Thrusters (Building)
*After each set perform 4-6/side Side Plank Rotations (40×1)
4 x 3 min AMRAP:
750/700m Bike Erg
50 Double Unders F(Plate Hops) S(75 Dubs)
AMRAP Thrusters F(75/55) P(95/65) S(115/75)
*Rest 1:30 after each AMRAP
– Our big focus of the day is the Thruster, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the Strength we will be building throughout 4 working sets to get to a moderately heavy weight for the day. During the strength, these will be coming from the racks. After each set of 5 reps, we will perform 4-6/side of Side Plank Rotations for some added core accessory work.
– “Midnight Cowboy” is a spicy interval workout with a 2:1 work/rest ratio. Each interval will begin with a 750/700m Bike Erg which should take just under 1:30 to complete each round. The Double Unders should not hold you up, so you may choose to modify the reps or change the movement to plate hops. Ideally after the Bike and Double Unders we should be left with :45-60 seconds to complete as many Thrusters as possible. Pick a weight on the Thruster that you could when fresh complete 15+ reps. Your score today will be the total number of Thrusters completed throughout the 4 intervals.
25 min AMRAP (For Quality):
120 ft. DB Farmers Carries
:45 sec. Ring FLR Hold
60 ft. Sled Drag F(90/45) P(135/90)
20 Single Arm Russian KBS (10/arm)
:45 sec. D-Ball Front Hold
– After a tough start to the week, we will be slowing down during our strongman styled WOD. This 25 minute AMRAP will be for quality, and not for the amount of rounds and reps you accumulate throughout. The Farmers Carry will be 1 lap around the rig, so you will be able to challenge the weight, or even increase slightly each round. The FLR hold can be accumulated if you cannot complete unbroken, but focus on maintaining the hollow body position the entire time. The Sled Drags should be a weight you can perform without stopping, going 30 ft. down and 30 ft. back. Keep the weight on the Single Arm Russian KBS lighter, and focus on the quality of the movement. These will be split 10 per arm. Each round will finish with a :45 second D-Ball Front Hold. Moving for Quality, you can expect to accumulate 4-5 rounds of this WOD in the 25 minutes.
“Team Boat Race”
6 Rounds For Time: (Teams of 2 – 24 Min Cap)
*Alternate Full Rounds
– Team Boat Race is a relay style partner workout where one athlete will complete a full round of the row and run and then their partner will go.
Since it is only 3 rounds each and you have rest built in, you should be going around 85-90% intensity for each effort. This should look very much like a sprint compared to our normal running and rowing pace. The last time we took on “Boat Race” it was individual, however we have completed “Team Boat Race” the last time being 12.18.18.
Strength/Skill Work: 7-6-5-4-3 Back Squat (18 minute cap)
*After each set perform 50 ft. Single Arm Overhead Carry
“Ice Road Trucker”
For Time: (10 min cap)
1,600/1,500m Bike Erg
40 Burpees to a Target
30 Overhead Squats F(Back Squat) P(75/55) S(95/65)
– Our focus today is the Squat which we will have in two variations from the strength to the WOD. The strength will be building to a heavy 3 reps on the Back Squat. The 7-6-5-4-3 format will be the jumps we will be using to progress ourselves to that heavy weight, so as the reps decrease, try to add weight. After each set we will perform a 50 ft. Single Arm OH Carry to help prep for the Overhead Squats coming later. This will be the length of the turf, 50 ft. down on one arm, and then switch arms for 50 ft. back.
– “Ice Road Trucker” will be our sprint WOD of the week. The WOD will start with a longer Bike Erg distance that should take just over 3 minutes to complete. The Burpees to a Target should be completed at a pretty aggressive pace today knowing that this is only a 1 round workout. We are carrying over the squat from the strength, but now it will be the Overhead Squat. These should be lighter today, something that you can complete in 2-3 quick sets. If we are not comfortable with the Overhead Squat, we may choose to modify this to a Back Squat. The goal will be to finish this workout in 8-9 minutes.
“Jeter & A-Rod”
20 min AMRAP:
20 D-Ball Cleans F(60/40) P(80/60) S(100/80)
30/20 Strict Chin-ups F(Australian Ring Rows)
40/30 Cal Ski Erg
– “Jeter & A-Rod” will be a fun partner WOD to end the week strong. The 20 minute AMRAP will start with 20 total D-Ball Cleans split between your team as you wish. This should be a heavier weight, so we would recommend you alternate quick singles on the Cleans. Today we will bring a different variation to the Strict Pull-ups we normally perform. We will have Strict Chin-ups, meaning your palms will be facing you during the reps. We would recommend breaking these into smaller sets to avoid a quick burnout. Each round will end with a 40/30 Cal Ski Erg. Break the reps into smaller sprints to move quickly through the calories, and not spend too much time on the machine. A good goal for this WOD is 3-4 rounds.
2020 02 23