CrossFit Week of WODS 2.10.20
Strength/Skill Work: 15 minutes to build to a heavy Split Jerk
*Between each set perform 6/side DB Bent Over Row
“Fire & Flames”
10 Rounds For Quality: (Partner WOD – 13 min cap)
5-10 Pull-ups S(C2B/MU)
50’ DB OH Walking Lunges F(Front Rack)
*Alternate full rounds
– After a few weeks of Shoulder to Overhead progressions, we want to allow you the opportunity to test yourself. This does not need to be a true 1 rep max, but instead work to a heavy and challenging weight that you can hit with perfect technique. As you are building up in weight we would recommend hitting some of the weights more than once, or until it feels good. Between each set we will be performing 6/side DB Bent Over Rows to help prep for the Pull-ups coming later. Once the weight gets heavy feel free to drop the Bent Over Rows to focus on the Split Jerks.
– “Fire & Flames” will also have the Overhead focus, but we will also be shifting gears to allow you the chance to practice a gymnastics movement of choice. This WOD will be close to a 1:1 work/rest ratio, as you are switching full rounds with your partner. With that being said, you will be able to start each round with the gymnastic movement after a good chunk of rest. Depending on your current abilities, you can choose between different pull-up variations, or even Muscle-ups. The goal will be to complete 1-2 quick sets each round before starting the lunges. The lunges will be with 1 DB Overhead, walking 25 ft. on one arm, then switching arms for the final 25 ft. back. Because of the movements and nature of the WOD this should be treated as a “Quality Day”.
Strength/Skill Work: 6 min EMOM:
3 Hang Cleans @ 110-120% of WOD weight
3 X 3 Min AMRAPs:
18/15 Cal Ski S(21/18)
12 Hang Power Cleans F(95/65) P(115/80) S(135/95)
Max Burpee Box Jumps in Remaining Time F(Burpee Step Ups) P/S(24/20)
*90 Secs Rest Between AMRAPs
– The biggest focus today is the Hang Power Clean which we will have in both parts. During the strength you will be given 6 minutes to build to 110-120% of whatever you plan to use in the workout. This 6 min EMOM should be treated as a prep, and allow you to get comfortable cycling the barbell before we strip some weight for the WOD.
– “Super G” is our repeat WOD of the week, last completed on 8.16.19. Your AMRAP will be starting on the Ski today, the goal being to finish the calories in 60-75 seconds or less. You will definitely need to finish the ski in under 90 seconds so you can clear it out for the next heat and allow yourself enough time on the cleans and BBJ. If you are confident you can finish the 18/15 calories under 60 seconds, you can shoot for the sport option of 21/18 calories. When selecting a weight for the hang power cleans, the first 12 reps should be unbroken. You may need to break once during the 2nd or 3rd round, but make it your goal to hang on for the entirety of the reps. With any remaining time we will be performing burpee box jumps, our goal is to have close to a minute to work on accumulating reps on this movement. Pick a box height that allows you to stay moving. Our fitness option is burpee step-ups today, so there is no reason to slow down once you get to these.
“Beatles, Floyd & The Who”
For Time: (20 min cap)
60 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings)
60 Wall-Balls F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
60 DB Snatch F(35/25) P/S(50/35)
60 Cal Row F(45 Cals)
*Split reps however you wish S(Unpartitioned)
– “Beatles, Floyd, & The Who” will be our Chipper WOD of the week. There are a lot of reps in this workout, however, YOU may decide how to split the reps. For example, you may choose to do 4 rounds of 15 reps of everything. If you are looking for a challenge, the Sport option today is completing all of the reps unpartitioned, meaning you have to finish all 60 reps of a movement before moving on. For most the Toes to Bar will be the most difficult movement, so break these up into manageable sets early. Ideally the DB Snatch is a weight that you can do at least 10 reps/arm each time you pick it up. Try to move as quickly as you can on the Row and Wall-balls, just be aware not to do too many too early. Your score today will be the total time it takes to complete all of the reps.
5 Rounds: (Not For Time – 26 min cap)
10 DB Bench Press (Building)
12 Australian Ring Rows (20×1)
800/700m Bike Erg
*Rest 1 minutes after each round
– “Tim Tams” is our body building flush workout of the week. This workout is Not For Time, so you can move slowly and methodically through the 5 rounds. Each round you may choose to increase the weight on the bench press, as long as you can complete the 10 reps unbroken each round. After the bench press you will have 12 Australian Ring Rows. The Push/Pull combination can get challenging, so you may choose to break these reps up from the beginning. The Bike will be used to get a good sweat, but also to help flush out the rest of the week. Once you finish the bike, check the clock as you will have a 1 minute rest before starting back at the Bench Press.
Strength/Skill Work: 15 minutes to build to a heavy 5 rep Deadlift (20×1)
*After each set perform 10-12 Banded Deadbugs
10 min AMRAP:
8 Deadlift @ 65-75% of Strength
24 Air Squats
48 Double Unders F(Plate Hops)
– Our focus today is the Deadlift, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will get to build to a 5 rep Deadlift, as long as your technique and the tempo are being sustained. This is not a ton of time to build to a heavy 5 reps, so don’t expect this to be a PR day. Between each set we will perform 10-12 Banded Deadbugs which will help activate the core for the Deadlifts. You may cut these out once the weight gets heavier.
– “Cupid’s Chokehold” is our Valentine present to you! This will be a spicy 10 minute AMRAP that will also include the Deadlift. The weight will be determined by the weight you hit in the strength. If you pushed the weight today, we would recommend staying around 65%, but you can go as heavy as 75%. Ideally we are completing the reps in 1-2 sets. The Air Squats should be quick, and you may choose to use a Medball for a target. The Double Unders should be quick as well, and you may choose to lower the reps or switch to Plate Hops. Scoring: Weight, Rounds and Reps
10 Rounds For TIme: (Partner WOD – 25 min cap)
8 DB Box Step-up Overs F(20/10) P(35/25) S(45/30)
1-2 sets of Strict Handstand Push-ups F(DB Strict Press) S(30 ft. HS Walk)
*Alt. Rounds, Partner 2 starts once Partner 1 finishes Step-Overs
– “Upside-Down Cake” will be a fun partner WOD to end the week, with a chance for you to practice some gymnastics! This will be a 10 Round WOD, split between you and your partner. Each round will start with a 300m Run, which should take around 1:15 to complete, and once getting back inside you will go directly into 8 DB Box Step-Overs. The Step-Overs will be challenging, and should be at a weight you can do the 8 without resting between. Once you finish the Step-Overs, Partner 2 will start on their Run. While on there Run, Partner 1 will have a chance to complete 1-2 sets of Strict Handstand Push-ups. This should be a number that you can repeat through the 5 working rounds, with no stress to move fast on the reps. If we are uncomfortable getting upside down, we can perform 1-2 sets of DB Strict Press. If you want a fun challenge, we will also give the option of a 30 ft. Handstand Walk.
2020 02 09