CrossFit Week of WODS 1.6.20
Strength/Skill Work: Every 2:30 minutes for 6 sets complete 1 Squat Clean + 1 Front Squats @ 85-95%
*After each set perform 4/arm Single Arm Ring Rows (20×1)
3 Rounds For Time: (15 min cap)
21 Kettlebell Swings F(44/26) P/S(53/35)
9/6 Strict Pull-ups
– If you were here last week this will be a very familiar format. This week we are subtracting 1 Front Squat and adding 5-10% onto last weeks weight. We are also adding in a Single Arm Ring Row between your Squat Clean sets to help prep for the Pull-ups that are coming later in the WOD. We are closing in on the final few weeks of our progression.
– “Strict Helen” is a variation of the CrossFit benchmark WOD “Helen”. Looking back on SugarWOD at your “Helen” score could give you a good idea of the time you can expect, although for some the Strict Pull-ups will be slower. Pick a weight on the Kettlebell Swings that you think you can do at least 2 rounds unbroken, ideally staying unbroken throughout the WOD. The Pull-ups should be completed in 2 sets in the beginning, and no more than 3 sets as you fatigue. A good goal for this WOD is sub 11 minutes.
9 min EMOM (:45 on/:15 off):
Min 1: Bike Erg
Min 2: Bar Facing Burpees
Min 3: Butterfly Sit-ups
9 minute AMRAP:
Bar Facing Burpees
– This will be Week 2 of the EMOM to AMRAP format, adding a minute to both workouts. Today we have left all rep numbers completely blank. Your goal will be to work for the entire :45 seconds during the EMOM to create your rep numbers. Avoid starting with low reps in the EMOM and adding reps in the AMRAP. With the simplicity of the movements this week you have the chance to push the pace from the beginning. The goal of the AMRAP would be to get 3 full rounds and a bit extra if you picked appropriate numbers for yourself.
Strength/Skill Work: 15 minutes to build to a heavy set of 5 Barbell Strict Press
*Between each set perform 5 DB Bent Over Rows/arm
“The Alternate Dimension”
12 min AMRAP (For Quality):
12 Lateral Box Step-ups (30×1) (6/leg)
120 ft. Single Arm DB Farmers Carry/Arm
6-9 Strict Handstand Push-ups F(:20-30 sec. Handstand Hold/FLR Hold)
– Our big focus today is Overhead Pressing which we have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be building up to a heavy 5 rep max. This movement can get heavy quickly, so we would recommend trying to make 5 jumps, and starting a set every 3:00 minutes. After each round of your Strict Press you will have 5 DB Bent Over Rows per arm. You may choose to stay at the same weight or increase each round.
– Similar to last Wednesday, today will also be completed for quality. The lateral step-ups will have a very slow tempo attached to each eccentric portion of the rep. This will give the movement a “pistol” feeling, but also allow you to work on balance and stability with one leg. The farmers carry will be a 120 ft. carry per arm, and can be as heavy as you would like as long as you can stay upright. The Overhead station can be customized to fit you today. If you have Strict Handstand Push-ups with 1 abmat or less, shoot for these today. You may also choose between Negatives, a Handstand Hold, or an FLR hold. The goal of today is to feel better after the WOD than before.
“House of Pain”
Every 5 minutes for 25 minutes:
500/400m Row S(600/500m)
15/12 Cal Ski Erg
50 Double Unders F(Plate Hops)
– “House of Pain” is our challenging interval WOD of the week. Our scoring will be the difference between your Fastest and Slowest rounds out of the 5. Although the goal is consistency, to get the most out of this workout, try to not look at the clock, and push each round as its own individual workout. Gaming the workout to get an identical score is not as challenging as pushing hard each round. A new round will begin every 5 minutes so the quicker you finish the more rest you will build for yourself.
“Baby Got Back”
24 min EMOM:
Min 1: 3-4/side Back Rack Lunges
Min 2: 1-2 sets of Strict Ring Dips S(Weighted)
Min 3: 6-8/side Medball Rotational Throws (20×1)
Min 4: Rest
– After last weeks bilateral squats, we are coming back to the unilateral squat focus with heavy Back Rack Lunges. The goal is to complete 3-4 reps per side, building in weight as you wish each round. Minute 2 will be 1-2 sets of Strict Ring Dips. These are for quality, not quantity, so focus challenge yourself, but leave reps in the tank each round. If you can complete 5+ unbroken Strict Dips, you may choose to add a little weight. The medball rotational throws will have a tempo attached to them to slow the movement down, and hopefully let you feel your core each rep. You will always be resting before the Back Rack Lunges each round.
“The Rolling Stones”
4 Rounds For Time: (Partner WOD) (20 min cap)
20 D-Ball Cleans F(60/40) P(80/50) S(100/80)
30 Box Jump Overs (24/20”)
4 Rope Climbs F(RA Pull-ups) S(6 Rope Climbs)
– “The Rolling Stones” will be our fun Partner WOD to end the Week. Throughout the entire WOD you may choose to break up the reps as you wish, one partner working, and one partner resting. The D-Ball cleans should be a weight that is heavy enough you alternate reps with your partner. The box overs can be box facing, or if you are able to, you can jump laterally. If we are not able to do the rope climbs yet, today we will modify them with Rope Assisted Pull-ups. This workout will come with a 20 minute time cap. If you and your partner finish 4 rounds in under 15 minutes, add the 5th round onto your workout!
2020 01 05