CrossFit Week of WODS 1.20.20
Strength/Skill Work: 10 min EMOM:
1 Power Clean @ 70-80% of 1 Rep Max
“Timed Out Elizabeth”
1 Rounds For Max Reps: (Compare to 7.17.19)
60 Seconds of Power Cleans F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/105)
60 Seconds of Ring Dips F(Box Dips/Push Ups)
45 Seconds of Power Cleans
45 Seconds of Ring Dips
30 Seconds of Power Cleans
30 Seconds of Ring Dips
*15 Secs Rest Between Each
– It is deload week from our Squat Clean Progression, before next week’s attempt at a new 1 rep max. Stay moderate on the weight to allow yourself to feel the positions and be snappy underneath the bar. This strength should leave you feeling strong and confident for next week’s test!
– “Timed out Elizabeth” is a repeat workout, last completed on 7.17.19, and is a variation of the benchmark workout “Elizabeth”. The goal is to complete 90 total reps in the allotted time, which would be equivalent to the number of reps for Elizabeth. If you don’t feel that you can get close to 45 reps of each movement, you should consider scaling one or both movements today. Choose a weight for the cleans that you can hang onto for 15+ unbroken reps when fresh. You may choose to keep the Ring Dips strict, or for the first time in nearly 10 weeks, we will allow you to kip! If you are unable to get consistent sets of 3-5 kipping dips then you should scale to box dips or push-ups today.
“It’s a Trap!”
21 min AMRAP:
15/12 Cal Bike Erg
12 Bar Facing Burpees
– “It’s a Trap!” will be treated like our ‘final exam’ for the EMOM to AMRAP workouts we have pushed through the last few weeks. The goal of this workout is to find a pace in the beginning that you can hold onto throughout, if not slightly increase. Most of these movements should take around :45 seconds to complete, so you can treat it like a :45 on, :15 off to find the rhythm. Once we reach the halfway point, try to cut out some of the rest and push even harder. Pick a weight on the Wall-balls that you can go could go unbroken on, with this workout you may choose to have one quick break per set. These are all familiar movements, so come in with an idea for the pace you want to attack this at.
Strength/Skill Work: 12 minutes to build to a heavy 2 rep Split Jerk
*After each set perform 8-10 Box Hamstring Curls (Optional)
3 Rounds For Time: (13 min cap)
15 Shoulder to Overhead F(95/65) P(115/75) S(135/95)
18 Box Jumps (24/20”)
21/18 Cal Row
– The big focus today will be on the Shoulder to Overhead movement pattern, which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will have 12 minutes to build to a heavy Split Jerk Double. Split Jerks for multiple reps are challenging because you have to re-rack the barbell into the front rack position so be patient as you are building in weight. We will have the option of doing Box Hamstring Curls to prep for the Box Jumps and Row coming up in the Metcon, but if you want to focus only on the Split Jerk you may skip these.
– “Rapper’s Delight” will continue with the Shoulder to Overhead, this time it is your choice on how you get it overhead. With this only being a 3 Round workout try to come out aggressively on the pace, and hold this throughout. The weight on the barbell should be something you could do unbroken, but may choose to have 1 quick break in each set. Chip away at the Box Jumps during this workout as they will add up, and challenge yourself to jump to something if you typically step-up! For the Rower this should be something you can complete around 1:15 each round. A good goal for this workout is to finish around 10 minutes.
Every 3 Minutes for 7 Rounds:
400m Run F(250m Run)
*Score is slowest round
– “NutriBullet” is a variation of the workout “Cement Mixer” that we have completed many times before! This is an aerobically demanding workout that will allow you to practice consistency throughout a longer workout. Ideally, we will be maintaining or speeding up slightly every single round, which means you will need to throttle back in the first few rounds while you are fresh to allow yourself to give a little extra by the end. This workout also has a gymnastics skill coupled with the runs that will challenge you under mass fatigue. This will be the first workout re-introducing the Kipping Pull-up, so stay conservative on the rep numbers, although you may choose to stick with Strict Pull-ups. The Pull-ups should be done with a maximum of two sets – so pick a number in the range that allows you to do this. A new round will start every 3 minutes, so the quicker the run and pull-ups are completed, the more rest you are rewarded with. With that being said, it won’t be a ton of rest, so try to approach this more like a 15-20 minute AMRAP, rather than a sprint interval workout. If we are not able to run the 400m in under 2:05 per round, we will modify the distance to 250 m.
4 Rounds For Time: (20 min cap)
10 Back Squats F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/110)
50 Double Unders F(Singles, Plate Hops)
100m D-Ball Shoulder Carry (50m/side)
15/12 Cal Ski Erg S(18/15)
– “Ski Resort” will be a longer 4 Round workout, with the focus being on the Squats. The Back Squats today will be coming from the floor which should limit the weight slightly because you will be asked to clean the bar, and get it onto your back. This is a good thing, as we do not want to crush the legs before Monday’s Squat Clean re-test. The Double Unders should be quick on this workout, and you will have a choice to modify them to 2:1 singles or Plate Hops. The D-Ball Carry weight will be decided by you. You can go heavier on the weight as long as you can stay upright as you carry on the shoulder, avoid the lean. For what we have attacked recently, the Ski Calories should be pretty quick. If you can complete them in under a minute, shoot for the Sport option calories on this workout.
“The Devil’s Backbone”
20 min AMRAP: (Partner WOD)
6 Rope Climb F(6 Rope Lowers) S(8 RC)
6 x 60 ft. Sled Push (90/45)
20 Devil Press F(25/15) P(35/25) S(40/30)
40/30 Cal Assault Bike
– “The Devil’s Backbone” will be a very challenging Partner AMRAP to end the week. You may split the reps however you wish, and we recommend splitting them often to avoid burning out early. Ideally, the Devil Press is a weight that you can perform 4-5 reps unbroken each time it is your turn. How you divide the Sled is already set for you. Each partner will have 3 x 60 ft., switching every 60 ft. push. The Assault Bike should be short hard efforts not letting any one partner stay on too long. The Rope Climbs should be shared based off of your groups strengths at climbing. How many rounds can you get?
2020 01 19