Strength/Skill Work: 15 minute to build to a heavy 3 rep Hang Snatch (Squat or Power)
*Between each set perform 3-4 Bear Hug Side Lunges/side
12 minute AMRAP:
6 Hang Power Snatch @ 70-80% of Strength F(6/side DB Snatch)
18 Wall-Balls F(14/10) P(24/20)
36 Double Unders F(Plate Hops)
– Our big focus for the day is the Hang Snatch which we will have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be building to a heavy 3 rep, with the choice of performing as a Power or Squat. It has been a while since we have cycled the barbell, so take your time building in weight and focus on your technique on each attempt. Between each set you will have the option to perform 3-4 Bear Hug Side Lunges/side to loosen up the legs and hips for the Wall-balls in the WOD.
– “Hang Loose” is our classic CrossFit triplet of the week. You will be cycling Hang Snatch in this workout as well, using a percentage of the weight you found in the strength. Pick the percentage that lets you hang onto the 6 reps unbroken for the majority of the WOD. The Wall-Balls will add up after a few rounds, but the goal should be to stay as unbroken as possible. The Double Unders should be a quick movement in this workout, so you can modify the reps down, or change to plate hops to stay moving. A good goal on this workout is 5-6 rounds.
5 Rounds For Time: (26 min cap)
10 Toes to Bar F(Toes to Rings) S(3 BMU + 10 Toes to Bar)
15 Box Jump Overs (24/20”)
7 D-Ball Cleans F(60/40) P(80/60) S(100/80)
15/12 Cal Ski Erg
*Rest 1 minute after each set, score is total time including rest
– “Skipping Rocks” is our longer WOD of the week, in a For Time format, with built in rest after each round. This will be the first time we are reintroducing TTB into the actual workout, and the first time in 10 weeks we are including the Bar Muscle-up as an option. The sneaky part of this workout is finding a pace in the beginning that you can sustain for the 5 rounds, as the 1 minute of rest won’t give you a ton of time to recover. The Box Jump Overs can be performed as Box Facing or Lateral Jumps depending on which you prefer. The D-Ball Cleans should be something challenging, but a weight you can move efficiently each round as the overall volume is 35 total reps. The Ski Erg will be the last movement before the 1 minute of rest, so try to finish each round out strong. Your 1 minute of rest between each round will be included in your total time for the day.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 2:30 minutes for 5 sets perform 4-6 Back Squats
*Between each set perform 5/side SA DB Strict Press S(4-8 Strict Handstand Push-ups)
4 Rounds For Time: (10 min cap)
10 Thrusters F(45/35) P(75/55) S(95/65)
– The biggest focus today is squatting, which we will have in both pieces. During the strength we will have heavier Back Squats, shooting for 4-6 reps. Ideally we are all starting with 6 reps, and as we get heavier in the last few rounds we drop to 4. You may also choose to just stay at the same weight across all of the 5 working sets. Between each set we will have some variation of Shoulder to Overhead work to prep for the Thrusters in the WOD. You may choose to perform SA DB Strict Press, or challenge yourself with a few sets of Strict Handstand Push-ups.
– “Hot Wheels” is our sprint workout of the week. We will continue with the squats, this time performing a Thruster. The Thruster should be at a weight that you can go unbroken for all 4 rounds. The runs should be hit at an aggressive pace even from Round 1. There is a 10 minute time cap on this workout, but our goal for you is to complete this workout in 8 minutes or under. This is a workout that if attacked correctly, should leave you on your back!
Every 4:00 minutes for 24 minutes:
800/700m Bike Erg
:30 sec. FLR Hold/D-Ball Front Hold
1 round of KB Complex (Alt. Arms)
8 SA KB DL + 8 SA Russian KBS + 8 Reverse Lunges
– “It’s Complex” is our flush WOD after a tough few workouts to start the week. We will have 6 rounds total, with a new round starting every 4 minutes. The quicker you finish the work, the more rest you will have before the next round. The Bike Erg should take around 1:30 to complete. Each round we will alternate between a FLR Hold, and D-ball Front Hold, to change up the core stimulus. We will finish out with 1 Round of the KB Complex, switching arms every round. If this is a true flush WOD for you, pick a manageable weight that allows you to go unbroken. If you have missed a few workouts this week, you can attack the bike and KB a little more aggressively.
Strength/Skill: Every 1:15 for 8 sets perform:
Set 1: 3 Touch & Go Power Cleans (Building to WOD Weight)
Set 2: 3 Weighted Strict Pull-ups (Building)
“Eggs & Bacon”
16 minute AMRAP: (Partner WOD)
50/40 Cal Row
40 Burpees Over Bar
30 Pull-ups F(Jumping Pull-ups)
20 Power Cleans F(115/75) P(155/105) S(185/125)
– Our strength today will be used as a prep for the WOD to come. You will have 1:15 to complete the movement and then rest before moving to the next station. Set 1 will be a chance to practice cycling the barbell with 3 Touch & Go Power Cleans. We should be building up in weight each round, trying to get to, or just slightly above our working weight. Set 2 will be a set of 3 Weighted Strict Pull-ups. You can stay at the same weight or increase slightly each round.
– “Eggs & Bacon” will be a challenge Partner Chipper to round off the week. As a team you can decide how reps will be split, one partner working, with the other partner resting. To avoid an early burn out, we would recommend switching every :30 seconds on the rower to allow enough time to recover, but also keep the transitions to a lower number. The Burpees Over Bar can be split into small sets so that you can move quickly. These will be performed as lateral hops, so stay low on each rep. Pull-ups should be split based on the strength of each partner, but avoid huge sets early on. The barbell should be a weight that you COULD tap and go, but we would recommend quick singles throughout. Getting through 2 rounds will be the challenge for the day.
For Time: (75 Min Cap)
40 Air Squats
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
40 Russian KB Swings
200m D-Ball Carry (any style)
40 Sit Ups
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
40 Step Ups Adv.(Box Jumps)
200m Overhead Plate Carry
800m Run + 60m Bear Crawl
Adv.(60 Reps of Each)
– Today is the day, you become a SPARTAN! This workout is going to be long, and challenging – and we know you wouldn’t want it any other way. Today is a great day to push yourself to try and complete this event and have fun with your CFPB community. The BeachFit Spartan will be 3 miles worth of running, broke into 800 m sections. After each 800 m section you will have a new movement to complete before getting back into the run and heading to your next challenge. None of the movements that we have for you today are going to be complex, but each one will push you in a different way. The goal today is to complete this workout in under 60 minutes, although you will have a 75 minute time cap to work with. If you are a strong runner and believe you can do this in 45 minutes or less, go for the advanced option of 60 reps per movement.