Strength/Skill Work: 12 Min EMOM:
Min 1) 5 Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats Right Leg @ 30X1 Tempo
Min 2) 5 Rear Foot Elevated Split Squats Left Leg @ 30X1 Tempo
Min 3) 5 Ring Push Ups @ 30X1 Tempo + Ring FLR
“Seven Deadly Sins”
7 Rounds For Time: (16 Min Cap)
7 Front Squats F(95/65) P(115/80) S(135/95)
14 Push Ups F(10 Push Ups) S(18 Push Ups)
30 Double Unders F(Double Taps)
– The strength and metcon will both have a squat variation and and a push-up included. This is a deload week from the step-up and back squat cycle, but we will still be getting in some single leg squatting with the Split Squats. Each leg will have it’s own minute with plenty of rest so you can push the weight today as long as we can control the tempo. We will also be adding in some Ring Push-ups as our last push-up volume day before “Murph”. You will perform the 5 push-ups and then hold an FLR with any remaining time.
– Our workout today will also have a squat and push-up. For the front squats pick a weight that you can no doubt go unbroken during the entire workout. Similar to the strength we will continue with the push-up volume as we prep for “Murph”. Pick a number on push-ups than you can complete in 2-3 quick sets, even if you are going to shoot for the sport option. The double unders should move quickly in this workout. Feel free to cut the number of reps down or modify to double taps to stay moving.
“CFPB Triathlon 2.0”
For Time: (38 Min Cap)
1.5 Mile Run F(1 Mile Run)
2k Row (1500m Row)
5K Bike Erg (4K Bike)
-Today’s workout is one that we will benchmark a couple times each year. It is a great aerobic test of the 3 most common monostructural movements we see at CrossFit Palm Beach, the run, row, and bike. This will be the 2.0 version of this workout as we phase out the Assault Bike and replace them with the Bike Ergs. This is a workout that you will want to pace out in the beginning and try to increase pace as it goes on. Our goal is for all three movements to take around the same amount of time, so if you need to modify a movement try to just pick your worst movement and keep the other two the same. Make sure we get this workout plugged into SugarWOD.
Strength/Skill Work: 12 Min EMOM:
Min 1) 4-6 Strict Pull Ups F(4-6 Banded Strict Pull Ups) S(Weighted)
Min 2) 30 Second Hollow/Arch Hold (Alternate Rounds)
12 Min AMRAP:
6 Chest to Bar Pull Ups F(Pull Ups/Ring Rows) S(3 BMU + 6 C2B)
12 KB Swings F(44/26) P(53/35) S(62/44)
6 Burpee Box Jumps F(20/16) P/S(24/20)
– Today’s big focus in both the strength and metcon is pull-ups. Our strength will be focusing on the strict pull-up. If you have 4-6 easy pull-up reps, you may choose to add weight during these reps. If we are still working on our pulling strength we can add a band to assist us, but have a big focus on the negative part of the rep. We will pair our pulling movement with alternating rounds of a hollow hold or arch hold.
– Our workout is a quick 12 minute AMRAP finisher. We will continue with the pull-ups in the metcon but with a few different options. Our goal is to try and stay unbroken on the pull-up reps for at least a few rounds, so when picking a variation take this into account. Our sport option today will have a gymnastic complex with 3 Bar Muscle-ups + 6 Chest to Bar Pull-ups. The kettlebell swings should be a weight that we can stay unbroken throughout this workout. For the burpee box jump try to find a steady pace so that you are ready to hit the pull-ups hard again next round.
“Body by Jake”
20 Min EMOM:
Min 1) 6-8 DB Bench Press
Min 2) 4-6/SD Side Plank Leg Lifts w/ 3 Sec Hold
Min 3) 120’ DBL KB Front Rack Carry
Min 4) 12/9 Cal Ski Erg S(15/12 Cals)
– “Body by Jake” is our flush workout for the week. For the DB Bench Press you may choose to build or stay at one weight across all of the rounds. We have been including the Side Plank Leg Lift into our warm-ups of recent, but today we are adding them into our workout. You will have a 3 second hold with the top leg raised, completing 4-6 reps on each side during the minute. As long as you can safely clean the kettlebells up to the front rack position, we encourage you to go heavier on these carries DBL KB Front Rack carries today. If you are looking to make this a sweaty and more challenging workout push yourself to try and ski for the sport calories each round.
Strength/Skill Work: Every 75 Seconds for 8 Rounds: 1 Hang Squat Clean + 1 Squat Clean
4 Min AMRAP:
12 Wall Balls F(20/14) P/S(30/20)
6 Power Cleans F(115/75) P/S(155/105)
-Rest 4 Minutes-
4 Min AMRAP:
16 Wall Balls F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
8 Power Cleans F(95/65) P/S(135/95)
– Our strength today will have the same format as last Friday’s strength but we are changing the snatch to a clean. We will be working through two positions, the hang (position 2) and from the floor (position 3). After your Hang Squat Clean drop the bar and reset yourself before attempting the last Squat Clean. You may choose to build throughout the 8 rounds or during the prep find a working weight to stay at.
– “Quadruple Double” will be two similar and quick 4 minute AMRAPs. The first 4 minute AMRAP has lower reps and heavier weights, where as the second has more reps with slightly lighter weights. Our goal on this workout is to try and get similar rounds and reps on both. For the wall-balls we should be trying to stay unbroken because the working time is so short. The barbell weight on the first 4 minutes should be something that you could hang onto unbroken if you had to, but you may break these into a few sets or perform quick singles from the beginning. The second barbell you should be able to string some reps together each round even with the rep number increasing. We will be score both AMRAP’s separately.
“Macaroni and Cheese”
3 Rounds For Time: (Teams of 2 – 20 Min Cap)
6 Rope Climbs F(Rope Lowers)
250m Run Together
30 Push Press F(75/55) P/S(115/75)
250m Run Together
– Name a better duo than Macaroni and Cheese? We’ll wait. We will be ending the week with this fun partner WOD. For all of the reps except the runs, you may split the reps however you wish. If one person is back from the run before the other, they may start on the reps. The Push Press weight that you select today should be something that you could do 15+ reps unbroken with when fresh, trying to hold onto at least 8+ reps each time you pick up the bar. For the rope climbs you may choose to slightly lower the distance you are climbing, or modify this movement to a Rope Lower. If you finish the 3 rounds in around 14 minutes, we encourage you and your teammate to shoot for the sport option of 4 rounds! We will be ending today with a fun Core WOD!
2019 05 12