“There should be no shame in admitting to a mistake; after all, we really are only admitting that we are now wiser than we once were.” -Greg McKeown
21 Min AMRAP:
6 Toes to Bar F(6 Toes to Rings) S(3 Bar Muscle Ups)
12 Box Jumps F(24/20) P/S(30/24)
15/12 Cal Bike Erg
– Today’s workout name is fitting not only because it is a 21 min AMRAP, but because you may be questioning how long this workout is every minute that passes… only kidding! Today is a great day to work on your pacing and staying mentally tough for the full 21 minutes. It’s also a great day to work on a gymnastics movement, and the reps for toes to bar/rings and bar muscle ups is purposely kept on the low side so you can focus on great technique and seeing if you can keep these sets unbroken for the entire workout. We also would like for you to challenge yourself to a higher box jump, especially if you are already very proficient at box jumps.
Find a pace out of the gate that you think you can sustain for 21 minutes. You may even want to peek at the clock at the end of each round to gauge how well you are holding your pace. A good goal for the day is to try and complete 5-7 rounds. We will finish today off with a spicy core WOD.
15 Minutes to Build a Heavy Triple Power Clean
“Timed Out Elizabeth”
1 Rounds For Max Reps: (Compare to 6.25.18 and 10.6.17)
60 Seconds of Power Cleans F(95/65) P(135/95) S(155/105)
60 Seconds of Ring Dips F(Push Ups)
45 Seconds of Power Cleans
45 Seconds of Ring Dips
30 Seconds of Power Cleans
30 Seconds of Ring Dips
*15 Secs Rest Between Each
– Today’s strength/skill work is an opportunity to build strength while prepping for the workout. The reps are low today to allow you to go heavy on the power cleans, but at the same time practicing barbell cycling for when we get to today’s metcon. These reps will be held onto for touch and go reps.
– “Timed out Elizabeth” is a repeat workout from 3 months ago as well as October of last year, and is a variation of the benchmark workout “Elizabeth”. The goal is to complete 90 total reps in the time allotted, which would be the equivalent to the number of reps for Elizabeth. If you don’t feel that you can get close to 45 reps of each movement, you should consider scaling one or both movements today. Choose a weight for the cleans that you can hang onto for 15+ unbroken reps when
fresh. Ring dips should be kipping today. If you are unable to get consistent sets of 3-5 kipping dips under fatigue, then you should scale to push ups today. This is a very short workout so we want to be working really hard for the majority of the working intervals.
Back Squats – 4 Sets of 7 (1 st Working Set Should be Around 60-70% of 1 RM – 15 Min Cap)
4 Rounds For Time: (17 Min Cap)
30 Double Unders F(50 Plate Hops)
20 Wall Balls F(14/10) P/S(20/14)
– Today’s focus is the squat, as we have the movement in both the strength and the skill. After a few warm up sets, you should count your first working set when you get to about 60-70% of your 1 rep max, and then you can increase slightly from there. For the strength, you will be hitting bigger sets of 7 reps, so make sure we are making smart jumps once we are at our working percentage. If you do not have a current 1 Rep Max, use this time to work up to a challenging 7 reps.
– “Gold Rush” is a run heavy workout – separated by wall-balls and double unders. Select a weight on the medball that allows you to hang onto all 20 reps unbroken, at least through the first couple of rounds – but it should never go over two sets. The double unders should also be very quick today, and we prefer to see you do it unbroken each round. If we do not have double unders yet, our modification today will be plate hops. This will keep the workout simple and fast. The runs make up
the bulk of the workout so focus on pushing yourselves each time you make it back to this movement. A good reasonable goal is to try and finish between 12-14 minutes.
6 Min AMRAP:
5 D-Ball Over the Shoulder F(60/50) P(80/60) S(100/80)
6 Min AMRAP:
12 DB Push Press F(25/15) P(35/20) S(45/35)
60’ Sled Drag F(90/45) P/S(135/90)
6 Min AMRAP:
12 Ball Slams F(20/15) P/S(30/20)
*1 Min Rest Between AMRAPs
– Today we will be using the entire gym floor for three separate 6 min AMRAPs. Each AMRAP will offer up different movements, but on all of them we want you to be able to accumulate multiple rounds. The first AMRAP will be our heaviest section, with the D-Ball. We should be able to get through the 5 reps in a short period of time, but you still want to segment the movement into two pieces (to the hip, extend the hips and clean weight). The second AMRAP will have a combo of pulling and
pushing – select a DB weight that you can consistently do the 12 reps unbroken. The final AMRAP is the lightest, but the most intense. Choose a Slam Ball that you can easily pick right back up for another rep. Each AMRAP will have a 1 minute break between, so treat this as more of a 15-20 minute workout than just a 6 minute workout.
10 Minutes to Find a 1 Rep Max Weighted Pull Up
“Up in Smoke”
For Time: (16 Min Cap)
Cal Assault Bike (Women -5 Cals)
DB Snatch F(50/30) P(60/40) S(70/50)
Rope Climbs F(6-4-2 RA Pull Ups) S(1/2 Legless)
The strict pull-up is movement that we have been training consistently the past couple months. Today we will be testing our progress, and letting you attempt to find a max weight for the day. If we are not using weight, you can perform the strict pull-ups at bodyweight, and our fitness option will be either banded strict pull-ups or banded lat pull-downs. With these modifications we can add a few more reps onto the sets to work more for volume than a 1 rep max.
– “Up in Smoke” is a For-Time workout with descending reps – so hopefully we are speeding up as we go. During the set of 30 on both the bike and the DB we should be at a steady pace, as there is no need to go all out early. During the rope climbs there isn’t a ton of repetitions so challenge yourself here. During the rounds of 20 we should look to increase our intensity slightly, and by the round of 10 we should be pushing as hard as we can to finish the workout. The DB weight is heavier than
we have done recently, but should be a weight you can move through without any long breaks between reps. A goal for today’s workout is to try and finish between 11-13 minutes.
NO Classes Today, Open Gym 7-9 AM
Beach WOD @ Marcinski Park @ 9:30 AM