Strength/Skill Work: Every 1:30 for 12 minutes perform 1 Squat Snatch + 1 Hang Squat Snatch F(Power)
12 min AMRAP:
6 Power Snatch @ 60-70% of Strength
9 Burpees Over the Bar
12 Toes to Bar F(Knee to Chest)
– The focus for the day is going to be the Snatch, which we have in both the strength and metcon. During the strength we will be building in a Squat Snatch and Hang Squat Snatch complex over 8 sets. If you are comfortable with the Squat Snatch this is a good time to challenge yourself on the weight and go up as your technique allows. If you are not yet comfortable with the Squat Snatch, you may choose to complete this complex as Power Snatch + Hang Power Snatch.
– “12 Strong” will also include the snatch. During this 12 minute AMRAP we will be working based off of 60-70% of the weight we found in the strength. If you felt strong on the strength you may want to stay around 60%, whereas if you stayed lighter to focus on technique you may be able to work closer to 70%. Also, instead of the Squat variation, we are now converting back to the Power Snatch which may also help decide the weight you plan to use. The Burpees Over the Bar will be performed lateral with the bar, working on staying low and being quick each rep. For the Toes to Bar ideally we are completing these reps in 1-2 quick sets. You may choose to modify this number down, or switch to a Knee to Chest.
“Time After Time“
20 min EMOM:
Min 1: 5 Front Squats (Heavy)
Min 2: Max set of Australian Ring Rows
Min 3: :50 second Max Cal Ski Erg
Min 4: Rest
– “Time After Time” is a strength focused EMOM. The biggest part of the day will be the 5 Front Squat reps in the first minute. We will have five total rounds, and ideally we are using at the same weight across all of the sets unless and adjustment needs to be made. For the Australian Ring Rows in the second minute we are looking for one challenging set. You can easily adjust the difficulty just by changing the angle of the rings. The 3rd station will be :50 seconds of a Max Cal Ski Erg. Knowing that you get a full minute of rest right after this should encourage you to push hard on this minute. You will always get your 1 minute of rest before the next round of the Front Squats to recover, and give you some time to change weight as needed.
Strength/Skill Work: 4 sets of 6 Sumo Deadlifts at 80-90% of Sumo Deadlift test weight (18 minutes)
4 Rounds for Time: (14 minute cap)
7 D-Ball Cleans F(60/40) P(80/60) S(100+/80+)
14 Box Jumps F(20/16) P/S(24/20)
– This is Week 2 of our Sumo Deadlift progression. This week we will be adding one more working set, but decreasing the reps from 8 to 6. The percentages did also increase. Base the percentage you work off of how you are feeling that day. Use the first 8 minutes to get to your working weight, and the final 10 minutes to complete your 4 sets.
– “Fade Away” will be a quick 4 round workout. Pick a weight ath is challenging for you on the D-Ball Clean because there are only 7 reps per round. For the Box Jumps, stick with the height that you typically use to keep the intensity high. The Sit-ups will be your chance to breathe before we get back to the heavy D-Ball cleans, so focus on controlled movement. The goal today is to keep each round close to 3 minutes.
“The Marathon Continues”
30 min AMRAP:
120’ Sled Push/Drag
60 sec. Hanging Tuck Hold F(:40 sec) S(Hanging L-Hold)
– Yes, our Thursday time domains are still increasing! The biggest focus and goal today is to find a pace early in this workout that allows you to stay moving throughout the 30 minutes. There is no reason to come out hot on any of the movements today, specifically the machines. For the Sled Push you will push down 30’, and pull back 30’, twice. Challenge yourself as much as you would like on the sled weight. For the Hanging Knee Tuck or Hanging L-Hold, you are trying to accumulate 60 seconds. We do not expect this to be unbroken, but if it is great! Use today to flush the body from the week’s workouts, and prep for tomorrow’s fun WOD!
Strength/Skill Work: 15 minutes to complete 4 sets of 3 reps @ 70-80% of your 1 Rep Max Bench Press
*After each set perform 15 Banded Tricep Push-Downs
5 Rounds (2:00 on/1:00 off):
250m Run S(300m)
Max Man Makers in Remaining Time F(25/15) P(35/25) S(45/30)
*Rest 1 minute between AMRAPs
– Not sure if this is Friday’s WOD, or Guys Night all over again! During our Strength we will have 15 minutes to complete 4 sets of 3 reps at 70-80% of your 1 rep max. If you are not sure of your 1 rep max, pick a weight that is challenging, but that you will never fail. Between each set we will perform 15 Banded Tricep Extensions. Focus on keeping your elbows squeezed to the sides and allowing the only movement be an extension of your arm.
– “Manifesto” is a simple but challenging interval workout to end the day. We will be working for 2 minutes, and resting for 1 minute during each round. The round will start with a 250m (or 300m) run. Ideally, this run will be taking just over 1 minute to complete. Once you get back in from the run you will spend the remaining time completing max Man Makers. Pick a weight on the DB that allows you to stay moving, but also perform each movement of the man maker with good technique. Your score today will be total number of man makers completed over the 5 rounds.
“Ying Yang Twins”
For Time (Partner WOD):
Hang Power Cleans F(95/65) P(135/95) S(165/115)
Pull Ups F(Jumping Pull Ups) S(Chest to Bar)
Wall Balls F(14/10) P(20/14) S(30/20)
*22 minute cap
– We will be ending the week with a fun partner WOD, so make sure to find the Ying to your Yang! There are a lot of reps in this workout that you as a team can decide how to split between you. One partner will be working, while the other partner is resting. We want you to select a weight on the barbell that is challenging, but something that you could complete 12+ reps unbroken with if we made you. Pick a modification on the Pull-ups that is challenging for you, but allows you to keep moving quickly as the reps increase. The Wall-Balls should be heavier, as long as you can control the squat on each rep. We would rather you miss the target, with a perfect squat. There is a 22 minute time cap on this workout, but we expect most teams to finish around 18 minutes!
2019 09 15